sponge's hmmm??

meshman10

"YA CANT FIX STUPID"
got a really big orange sponge from the LFS and not sure what's going on with it. it allmost act's like it has a "foot" or it could be just barnicle's, now it's getting a white haze on part's of it witch blow off with the slightest of effort's, but yea, I'm asking for advise.. I mean it add's a little color to the tank but you guy's know what's up with LFS'S, I think I got snookered. and yes pic's will be posted..:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I have really wanted some colorful sponges too by none of my local LFS's bother with them because they dont transfer well at all. Even the tiniest bit of air when moved from one tank to the next and they are goners.

That would be my concern...did it come into contact with air at all when the lfs whas bagging it or when you were placing it in the tank? Did it have the white patches on it when you bought it. My advice would be to cut off the tips with the white patches, cause it will never recover and eventually spread to the rest of the sponge.

Sounds like it got air on it. Sponges like alot of flow and low light for the most part. If the white continues to grow, you can easily frag a chunk...But don't expose it to air.

Back