Stocking stuffer...

Paste

I'm on a boat!
So, I have a 55g, but unexpectedly I am going to have a 100g this afternoon (probably).
This throws off my stocking idears...
current livestock

Small Snowflake Eel,
Snails...

My plan was some smaller aggressive fish like puffers and lionfish, but now I have more room... heck I can get my 1st tang and I think I want to go ahead and do corral... so that ruins my plans, cant use most normal small reef fish with the eel can I?

Suggestions as I will be talking to my fish guy probably tomorrow as I will need more powerheads, and pumps and will likely be converting my 55 into a sump... maybe? not sure yet.

Generally, it is my understanding that an eel should be the last fish in a tank. It may view anything added after it as a potential meal. There are a few people here that have kept them in the past, they can probably chime in with some additional information.

A 100 gallon tank should be 4 feet, which is still too small for a lot of tangs, which ones were you interested in?

personally I like the Kole and the Yellow,
but likely may not get one as I just don't like how prone they are to illness.

ohh and the tank is 5feet (60 inch)... not that that is much bigger.

I could, but don't want to, I already have 3 tanks up and running, don't really need or have the room for too many more. Still trying to talk the wife into the final tank of 200g+ for the bar in my man cave.

I am going to have both, the 100 and the hopeful future 200+
the 100 is just replacing the 55 I currently have.

Any thoughts on the Kole Tang?

I have this fear of Tangs, they are beautiful, but they are ich magnets from what I hear... but Dunno (don't have the experience).

I havent had good luck with koles, i have had 2 in the past and they alwys die. the first one from ich and the second i have no idea why it died.

I had the second toghether with a yellow and sailfin tang and they where great for a couple months then i just found the kole dead. no marcks or anything. Currently still have the yellow and sailfin toghether along with a blue jaw and flame angel, Those are the bigger of my fish.

Generally speaking, the bristle tooth tangs are pretty hardy. The Kole is not particularly known for being ich prone ( more than any other fish at least)

Back