SunRise's Pony Ranch

Lucky! I have been waiting for one that will eat frozen for ages!

She only ate the tiniest piece though obviously her mouth is very small so many pieces floated right past her. She is happy pecking at pods though. I will have to make sure I chop the mysis up really well.

My LFS gave me a small bag of decap'd brine eggs to try hatching as an extra treat for my pipefish and seahorses.

Here is the refrigerated eggs.

6y6hF.jpg

And here is the air pump used to aerate the container for 24 hours until they hatch
9YzSs.jpg

And I decided to use an old salad dressing jar as I do not drink soda nor do I want upside down chopped up plastic bottles all over my counter this is much nicer looking hopefully it will work.
I am using a grow light to keep it warm and lighted while they hatch.
yJTDJ.jpg

I will update tomorrow how it turned out!

i like the salad dressing idea, especially with how the lid fits on there with the bubble tube!

I know right its like it was made for it! I was digging all through the cabinets and when I saw it I knew it was perfect. Its small enough to just do a little bit at a time and sleek enough to display on the counter in the kitchen LOL

Ooh interesting design for the brine shrimp! Be sure to update and let us know how the hatch rates are :D I don't like soda bottles either. The only good thing is I can throw them away when they start to stink :S cleaning them never seems to get that disgusting smell off.

You'll have to let me know how difficult it is to hatch them, and how often you do. Ive been debating on whether to start a seahorse tank or not.

only the dwarf seahorses need to eat the enriched brine, you can buy the regularly sized seahorses that are already trained to eat frozen.

You'll have to let me know how difficult it is to hatch them, and how often you do. Ive been debating on whether to start a seahorse tank or not.

I am only doing this as an extra treat and because I am curious about it. I am going to be ordering my seahorses from Seahorse.com - Seahorse, Sea Life, Marine Life, Aquafarm Sales, Feeds and Accessories - Home Ocean Riders ponies are bred to live in aquariums and are used to aquarium life and they are trained to eat frozen mysis shrimp so they are much easier to take care of.

Back