SunRise's Pony Ranch

That looks so lovely Amber! It makes me miss my seahorses so bad!

But a word of advice, dont give into his hidy behavior. That is part of the reason why my seahorse adventure ended poorly, my seahorses were used to being waited on hand and foot when it came to feeding. He will come around, just give him time. Also the guys are really odd like that, they tend to just chill in their man cave.

I am having a horrible time trying to feed.

Yesterday I tried lowering the food cup into the tank with the shrimp in it already, they just flew away as soon as the water hit the cup.

Today I went to the store and got a wide clear tubing to use to lower the shrimp down into the cup from out of the water. I added about 3 shrimp to the opening above the water but they never did float down the tube and when I tried to move the tube they all went flying out.

Then I tried sucking them up into a turkey baster and putting them right into the cup which was ok but then when I tried to remove the leftovers again they went flying everywhere!

UGH this sucks what a mess.

Also my male still refuses to eat. I am starting to worry. :(

Have you tried garlic extract or garlic powder? There is a type called garlic x-treme for marine tanks that entice finicky fish to eat. You can also try a little live food.

Have you tried garlic extract or garlic powder? There is a type called garlic x-treme for marine tanks that entice finicky fish to eat. You can also try a little live food.

No I haven't these guys are raised on frozen though so he should eat. The girl is pigging out just fine. They did eat quite a few live shrimp the day they arrived. he just seems sad

Ok - I asked because sometimes when seahorses are moved they stop eating, and usually some live food or garlic gets them eating like they are supposed to.

How long has it been since he's eaten? Sometimes they might go a day when they are upset, but I never saw any go longer than that.

Sent Pete an email describing the situation, i think he will have the best advice on the situation. He always got back to me really fast when i had questions.

Sent Pete an email describing the situation, i think he will have the best advice on the situation. He always got back to me really fast when i had questions.

Thats what I did LF I love Pete he is the best! He told me to use the rigid tubing and hold it in place and let the shrimp take their time floating down.

Ok so I went to the store and found a pretty new shell shaped feeding station. I used the suction cups from my extra heater to hold the rigid tubing in place and pumped the shrimp down the tube using the turkey baster.

IT WORKED PERFECTLY!

Of course the female saw it immediately and within 2 minutes of her slurping up dinner he was all over it! He probably ate 10 shrimp tonight! They ate them all and now they are staring at the bowl to see if more will fall out of that magical tube! LOL I love these guys.

Notice the male turned around the other way here
f6fpX.jpg

XIUsG.jpg

Now he is turning around to see what she is munching on
ugd1C.jpg

Now dinner is GONE and he is waiting for more

The pipes even got in there and got some they are so cool

PzZYB.jpg

Yay! Im so glad!!!!

I cant wait till i set up another tank for the seahorses. They really are the coolest fish, not that i dont love the ones i have now, but i really miss the personalities of my seahorses.

Ok so you all know how much I love my diamond sand sifting goby in my reef tank. Well I couldnt stand to look at my dirty gross sand another minute. I already had a yashi goby in there who NEVER comes out of the back of the tank so I went and got me the smallest baby diamond I could find.

I was worried the gobies were going to fight and as soon as the old goby saw the new one he immediately came out and they started to see who had the biggest mouth LOL

The new goby went to work right away cleaning up the place and the old goby sat by and watched him, even the seahorses and pipes were fascinated by this new guy.

I got a video of the new goby cleaning out the old gobys dirty ass cave. I am sorry it is sideways I know I am such a goober sometimes but its still pretty funny to see the face of the old goby watching the new guy make a mess.

Whats funny is that the old goby is now constantly out and about swimming around and eating its like the new guy made him more social or something, freakin weird.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLrKORyrRMw]Goby cleans house! - YouTube[/ame]

I dont know maybe they seem to be cool with each other today they were even chillin in that same cave together this morning. The old goby does not like the pipes though he tries to bite their snouts when they stick their face in his cave LOL They are all such gentle fish though its more bark than bite.

Cute addition amber, I'd like to have one in my tank eventually.

I wish I had got him first like with my other tank. This one has been sitting for over a month and its so gross he has his work cut out for him. I thought about putting my other one in here temporary to clean it up but he is way to big and would probably harass the ponies and the yashi he is a jerk LOL

I haven't updated in a while but I bought my first new fish in a long time so here are a few pics!

Tailspot blenny! I love him already he is tearing up the hair algae I have been fighting. It is actually getting much better so hopefully he will help me eradicate it totally.

2Vbc3.jpg

7KsuC.jpg

IJfxR.jpg

Back