SunRise's Pony Ranch

Ok today is the big day! After consulting with Pete at Ocean Rider's site I decided to go with the Sunburst/Pipefish special they are having. I was nervous about adding 4 things at once but he said it would be fine just be prepared for water changes if necessary.

I asked for 2 males or 2 females but I am thinking they sent me a pair anyway.

Anyway heres the whole gang!!

A bit nervous right off the bat so hanging on to the first thing he could grab.
X41xR.jpg

VQQyU.jpg

The smaller one is VERY curious and loves checking out everything
R3Nte.jpg

NrDBU.jpg

di3vk.jpg

The pipes havent stopped swimming yet they are so active its hard to catch a good shot.
VNwb1.jpg

They also sent me a bag of live feeder shrimp which they have all gobbled up like pigs. I will start them on frozen tomorrow once they have had time to setting in for the night.

My dragonface pipefish doesnt seem very happy right now at all.

oooh so pretty :) Good luck with them! And they are like 50x the size of mine. My jaw nearly dropped! :P lol

Very sad news guys. My dragonface pipefish died! She was acting weird since yesterday then today she seemed very off but I thought it was because of the new additions. She came down on the sand and started to have seizures and turned upside down! About 15 minutes later she was gone. I feel so horrible.

I tested all my paramaters and nothing has changed this week
Ammonia 0
Trites 0
Trates 10

The only thing I can think of is maybe the die off of all the plants recently? I was pulling them out as they died it was such a mess. He sent me new replacement plants today and I didnt even want to put them in there honestly.

I added a new carbon just to help if that was the issue I dont even know.

I am really bummed right now.

The horses and pipes are doing great though they ate all their shrimp and have found their favorite hitches.

Oh my gosh!!! That is crazy! Were they shipped with the plants in the same bag? I am so sorry for your loss :(

I'm glad the others seem normal. Have you tried testing your phosphates?

Im so sorry :(

But i highly doubt it was something you did, it was more likely he could never adjust to all the stress of being caught, moved, shipped etc. It is also possible that the new critters brought in something that they are used and he couldnt take it, small chance but it does exist.

Just keep an eye on the new additions, but i think everything will end up fine for them.

Oh no that's so sad! I'm sorry Amber. But I really hope everyone else stays doing great and healthy for you. Like everyone else said. Sometimes things just happen.

Im so sorry :(

But i highly doubt it was something you did, it was more likely he could never adjust to all the stress of being caught, moved, shipped etc. It is also possible that the new critters brought in something that they are used and he couldnt take it, small chance but it does exist.

Just keep an eye on the new additions, but i think everything will end up fine for them.

I feel awful about it but I should have just waited on the tank bred ones.

Well on a lighter note I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE my banded pipefishes! They never stop swimming around, they come up to the glass to look me right in the eye and are just so cool.

The ponies are still a bit shy the smaller one pigged out today at the feeding station but the larger male never came down off the thermometer. Now he is on the heater facing the back of the tank, like he is pouting in the corner.

I tried to dangle a shrimp right in his face but he just got as far away from me as he could. He did eat many of the live shrimp they sent with them in the package yesterday so maybe he just isnt to hungry yet.

I hope he comes around its still all a new environment for him. I dont know if they took him away from a friend or mate he might just be sad right now.

Anywho VIDEO!!!! I love how the pipe comes up and stares right at the camera at the end.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFaXun4Um4&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

Back