Tanked's 125 build thread

A little update... treated myself to some new corals for my Birthday... some sweet "foreign" corals that I got while in Seattle. Sorry for pic quality, camera's broke so these were taken with my phone.

Ignore the overly friendly clownfish... he's such a camera hog. The neon green fungia is beneath the fish, and the 2 new SPS I got are above and behind him. One of the SPS is called a pulchra (has blue polyps on the tip of each branch and green polyps on the stalks), and 1 other is some sort of bright blue sps. Clearly I'm not an expert on sps...

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjUtMjAxMDAxMTktMjMwN.jpg

Also got some awesome ricordia... 3 of them on one plug for $20!!!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjYtMjAxMDAxMTktMjMwN.jpg

And finally my sweet dendro-- paid for 1 head, got 1 + 3 babies. They ate tons of misis yesterday, so that's pretty sweet.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjctMjAxMDAxMTktMjMwN.jpg

Motor, that LFS has loads of blue acro-looking corals. The one I really want they didn't have frags of right now...They have the mother colony, though, so I'm hoping to snag one asap. Maybe if I can get this one to grow, I can send you a frag someday...

Wishful thinking on my part probably, 'cause SPS hasn't been totally successful for me. But that was in a much smaller tank, so we'll see.

I have a big shadow in the middle of my tank because of the black strap... anyone know of non photosynthetic corals besides the dendro? I want to fill this shadowy place...

You could get a nice colony of sun coral for your shaded areas. They look like denros though. If you want something different looking, chili corals are also nonphotosynthetic.

Those are great looking additions Tanked.:D
Be careful with those new Acros being that high up so quick.They really need to be acclimated to your lights so they dont bleach.

Those are great looking additions Tanked.:D
Be careful with those new Acros being that high up so quick.They really need to be acclimated to your lights so they dont bleach.

they were under halides... but also, they're about as close to the sand as they can be without the goby burrying them in the sand. I have to undig the plate coral most every morning. They're only about 2-3" off the sand. Is that ok?

I dunno if I could fit that. but I'm certainly willing to try!
I actually want to order my metallic foxface and desjardini tang soon. gotta wait for tax money, though. and a purple/whtie pin cushion urchin

I so love those Desjardini Tangs and want to get one, but I'm afraid my three large Tangs would not accept one into the village.

They are extremely pretty. I hope you get one.

Back