To all you haters out there, (acanthurus nigricauda)

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
well my live aquaria box showed up today! And was happy to see the fish had arrived looking very healthy. I have introduced my "manly" addition to my tank and as i feared it was a tang on tang beatdown and he now has nice little bite marks all over his body from my asshole bristletooth tang. I have since shut the lights completely off and tried to make it as dark as possible. I really hope things will chill out soon!

20110325-20110325-DSC_0062.jpg

20110325-20110325-DSC_0064.jpg

20110325-20110325-DSC_0066.jpg

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
20110325-20110325-DSC_0067.jpg
Its kinda blurry but you can see the difference in colors on the spots on its side that i am assuming are the end result of relentless biting from the other tang. Wish me luck!

Aww poor fella I hope they dont beat him up. Maybe you can rearrange a few of the rocks or something to change up the territory??

Who is hating? I love Tangs, I'd like to have one of just about every one in my tank. Great new addition Alexander, they'll figure their place on the pecking order in now time.

Can he be named "The Dude"

But i think he is awesome, perhaps some white russian in the tank will mellow everyone out, just kidding

I love it, and the dude does not abide with the situation in there currently. But that fish really ties the tank together Haha! I do have plenty kaluah and vodka at home vodka might benefit the tank but unliky that dairy or kaluah will.

Yeah, he looks good to me too,almost has a hunter green tinge to him,,pretty neat looking......congrats ,glad you got it...hopefully thinks settle down for ya....
Your Koran is a mirror image of mine ....same fading midsection and the dorsal fin is starting to form a point...very nice,,,how old is he (koran) I know this is about your new tang,but i was just curious...

Yeah. It should work the same way. He'll be too preoccupied with himself to notice the noob.
And The Dude is the most perfect name ever. But you will have to rename one of your other fish the "The Jesus".

Hey matt, im happy to answer your question. But ill have to look at sfome stuff when I get home to remember
Guess i'm a little on edge today(we are all entitled to some days like that) ...sorry:oops:

Thought you were giving me the brush off,because i told you not to get the tang at first

Yes the mirror "should" keep him busy and more interested in the other bristle (his reflection)

put the mirror up and the pink tail and the tang are both keeping themselves plenty busy. seems to have neutralized the threat for now... but after being gone for a few hours my new fish is really beat up and im worried so i think i might try to use a fish trap to catch my bristletooth and put him in the sump for a few days to try to let the new fish stake out some territory. sump is not super roomy but he could hang there for a couple days and be in trouble no problem im sure.

Thought you were giving me the brush off,because i told you not to get the tang at first

Yes the mirror "should" keep him busy and more interested in the other bristle (his reflection)
no worries man not giving you the brush off at all.
KoranAngel.jpg

here is the first day i got him oct 31 2007 so i have had him for about 3.5 years. you can definitely see the difference in maturation

Cool thanks,i just don't know anybody else with a koran....i've had mine since 1/10
I think another tip i read from the mirror trick is to move it to different locations too...makes them think they are being followed or chased ..even try putting it in the tank right where the bristle sleeps....good luck

Back