Waddi's Build 32g Thread!!!!

Hes soooooooooo Tiny, microscopic even lol. My mantis poops bigger things than that. idk bout an ID but no need to look if your gunna get rid of him. Sad you dont wanna keep him.

its hard to tell 100% from the pic's but if i was to guess id say its a Neogonodactylus wennerae or a small Gonodactylus smithii , if it is they only get 3 inch long but will still need 5.5 - 10 gal when its full grown. what color spot dose it have on the inside of its arms?

Yea its an N. Wennerae, he has an orange on on his back but i havent really seen his whole body because he is so shy. But i would love to keep him, just havent got the spares, so im hoping the Lfs will have him :(

Ok, so im thinking about adding a little Polar Ice Vodka to my tank to give her a little boost for the cycle, any thoughts???

I would vote no on the vodka personally. Why not just a piece of shrimp or some fish food? I used live rock and live sand and my tank barely had a cycle after I put in a sinking fish pellet. I added my first fish after 3 weeks and I still have him.

Well, i know it is cycling, but i have seen no nitrate or nitrite spike yet. I only have high ammonia. Guess i need a bit more patience! :D

patience is key my friend! That's what this forum is for. It will give you something to do while you are waiting for that thing to cycle.

Well an update, my tank is at the last of its cycle. the mantis shrimp is now swimming around the tank. and i have a Bristleworm...... Its not too big, Inch and half, very skinny. Thoughts, get rid?? I heard they feed on corals and invertebrate, but i think people are over exaggerating, right??

Got live rock, and millions of starfish, but im pretty sure i have some kind of polyp or zoa, but its just one head on its own?! i will get some pics up later! :D

Ok, finally charged my crap camera, here goes.
I have one Mushroom i believe, very tiny:
DSC00138.jpg

And then some kind of s polyp, couldnt get a decent picture though its really tiny, brown with greenish in the middle.
DSC00137.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

This is also a shot of the old tank without the MH
DSC00126.jpg

And then one with more rock and MH!!! :D

DSC00139.jpg

Got some more live rock, and some hitchikers, 3 turbo's and 5 hermits (blue).
I know i have too many turbos at the mo, but i found them on my rock when i got to my house. Sucks....

you can feed them nori my turbos love it really healthy for them also. hows the mantis? if you still have him i think the hermis will be a nice snack for him lol

Got a good sale out of the mantis.. shame, i did want to keep him, but this guy was very knowledgeable and i felt ok giving it to someone who will take care of their every need, he already had two mantis tanks up and running, and one just sitting there, so i said goodbye. :(
Thanks for the tip as well mate! :D

Back