What k lights give better overall color

Gio94sr20

Reefing newb
Since I have a fish only tank I am running two flourescent bulbs. Wattage is only 40 watts per. I cannot put stronger lighting due to the temps in the tank will rise ( chiller not an option). Now I was wondering what Kelvin degree would make the colors look more vibrant. fish colors consist of yellow,blue,red,orange,black,purple. I have currently a actinic and a 10,000k. what mixture of K's could I put together, I tried a pinkish looking light and I like the yellow and orange under it. Give me clues as this is a fish only tank with low watt lights. Thanks:question: What result's could I get out a 20,000K 40 watts over a 10k. Any input

For a fish only,you can go with any bulbs.For me,I would go 10-14k bulb and actinic 03.If they make NO florescents with 50/50 actinic 420nm/460nm then I would go with that than a 03.

What K was the pink bulb?I have a 10k that is pink...you can go with that and a actinic.

20,000k is bluish-the higher k then usually the more blue.For instance a 14k is usually more blue than a 10k but both are still daylight bulbs.

Sorry,if I didn't help much.

Well right now it's a 10k and a 420nm. The pinkish looking bulb is like a 6,700k if I remember correctly the colors stand out somewhat more, Iwas just wondering if I might be going in the right path or if it's just tired eyes. Thanks for the response.

Flourescent 50-50 I have one and the lighting is identical to the 10k and the 420nm.

Back