Yotes 125

Naso? :shock:
It's small now, but.....well you know, up to 18". Good luck with it.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/naso.htm
"Smaller than 4" Naso tangs rarely live adapt to living in captivity, unless they're un-starved and placed in a setting with unlimited access to food. My advice? Buy larger (four plus inch) Unicornfishes. Can you get one that's too big? Sure, depending on the spatial assets of your set-up. I have seen more-than-a-foot Naso (lituratus) "streamers" (with long, trailing ends to the upper and lower margins of their caudal fin), placed with success in humungous systems. The same fish would die "mysteriously" of "behavioral problems" put in a six foot system."

Naso? :shock:
It's small now, but.....well you know, up to 18". Good luck with it.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/naso.htm
"Smaller than 4" Naso tangs rarely live adapt to living in captivity, unless they're un-starved and placed in a setting with unlimited access to food. My advice? Buy larger (four plus inch) Unicornfishes. Can you get one that's too big? Sure, depending on the spatial assets of your set-up. I have seen more-than-a-foot Naso (lituratus) "streamers" (with long, trailing ends to the upper and lower margins of their caudal fin), placed with success in humungous systems. The same fish would die "mysteriously" of "behavioral problems" put in a six foot system."

Yeah,I thought about that Capt.But I also new what would happen to him if left at the LFS.And I knew he'd have a better chance in my tank for now.
I've also got a friend I work with,thats in the process of building a 120"X36"X36"D plywood reef tank.So thats already taken care of too.:D

Nice fish pickup Yote, and I love the moon lights!
A local guy who has shared some sps with me has a large tank. 220 or 250(I forget) 6ft tank. He has a 8" blue hippo, 7" yellow tang, a 10" shoal tang (that freakin rocks!) and a blond naso with beautiful streamers that is probably every bit as big as the shoal. He has had all four and a group(12-15) of smaller fish in the 2-4" range for years now. He recently upgraded his skimmer and is running a 40gal sump. I think as long as you keep the fish count low(which you have been planning) you will be in good shape for years to come. Good luck and keep the posts comming.

Nice looking tank my friend and fish I need to get over there to check it out , hey yote are we the only ones that live in this area, that are members of this forum?

dude a 120 inch tank!!! that would/will be so awesome! how the hell do you have room for something like that!

Its going in the wall of his den.which he's having built for the tank.He can afford shit like that.He works for the dude that owns coca cola.He trains bird dogs for him.

JKraft,I dont know that he's even thought about lights yet.But I got 2 400 watt metal halides sitting here ready for when he does:D

Biff,The kids already named it.Well,their fussing over its name.Gracie says Ariel and Auston says Gen.Lee.

Art,Theres one other guy that comes in the store thats a member here,but he dont post much.Dustins in Marietta,and Stagofdoom is in Knoxville.

Last edited:
so.... i completely read it wrong and thought you were saying you were getting that tank yote. oops guess not. well we can always imagine right?

so.... i completely read it wrong and thought you were saying you were getting that tank yote. oops guess not. well we can always imagine right?

Dude,I'd sale my soul for a 10ft tank:D But I highly doubt I'll ever be able to afford one that big.But like you said,We can always dream about it:Cheers:

Yote what is your buddy doing for glass on the woody? Is he going to attempt a single pane for the long span or is he going to split it up? If he hasnt found it tell him to check out www.fingerlakesreef.com that is the home of KentE (guy with the famous 1000gallon woody) those guys can help him with the logistics if he needs help.

Back