Yotes 125

Thanks y'all
Ryan,The yellow coris is supposed to fairly safe except for worms.I had one before in my 30 along with a cleaner shrimp and several pepperments.

Capt,The ABT didnt like the Kole at all when I first put him in the tank.They fought hard for about 30 minutes,but have since settled down and acting like ole buddies.

Alexander,I'm hoping he dont take a liking to shrimp.The one I had before never bothered them,so I hope this one dont.

Figured it was about time to post another pic or 2.
My 2 tangs,kinda.The Kole is still camera shy.
ABTandKole.jpg

My Yellow Cors Wrasse.This guy is cool as heck.
YellowCoris.jpg

Nice Yote. cool torch and the coris is awesome. I just have a hard time pulling the trigger on some of the wrasse family because they almost all say "caution".

hoopsdaddy, I've had my red coris wrasse for a year now, and he's very well behaved. Doesn't eat snails or anything that I know of, maybe bristleworms but the angels eat those too.
Word of caution though, some wrasses (incl. red coris) get really big. You have a 165g so you'd probably be fine.
Yote, does your yellow coris hide much? My red has been hiding for 3+ weeks, just saw him for the first time since early March yesterday. Saw him once today too. Weirdo fish...

Wow! It's been a while since I checked in here. You got a lot of nice additions. They look great Yote!

Hoops,About the only thing you have to worry about with the smaller wrasses are stuff like feather dusters.Wrasses love to eat worms,so the dusters wont last long around them.

Jag,When the lights are on,he's out hunting.Extremely active fish.But as soon as the lights go out for the night,you can see the little dust cloud he kicks up when he dives under the sand.
Be carefull with that red coris.They will move rocks to get at the worms under them.

Just updating.
I added another 15lbs of base rock last night.I'm not dealing with anymore live rock because I'm tired of chasing mantis shrimp.My yellow coris wrasse has been after the manits,the one glance I got of him,the wrasse was after him.
I also added a little cany cane frag last night.Not much to look at since its just your run of the mill brown with 2 full heads and a third thats trying to split.
Also done something I've never done before.Its been one month full month to the day since I did a water change.But all my parameters are close to perfect.0 trates,480 for calcium,alk at 11,and mag at 1350.
And did I mention that the coralline growth has exploded.

just updating.
i added another 15lbs of base rock last night.i'm not dealing with anymore live rock because i'm tired of chasing mantis shrimp.my yellow coris wrasse has been after the manits,the one glance i got of him,the wrasse was after him.
i also added a little cany cane frag last night.not much to look at since its just your run of the mill brown with 2 full heads and a third thats trying to split.
Also done something i've never done before.its been one month full month to the day since i did a water change.but all my parameters are close to perfect.0 trates,480 for calcium,alk at 11,and mag at 1350.
And did i mention that the coralline growth has exploded.

the tables have turned, b****!

Its fun to watch the coris wrasse hunt.And he must really like mantis shrimp,cause he's all over that sucker.
But what gets me,he hasnt even paid any attention to my last pepperment shrimp.Not saying he wont,just saying he hasnt yet.

Your right Bio,I do have a fairly small bio-load.I may have to add another fish or 2.

Last edited:
Its fun to watch the coris wrasse hunt.And he must really like mantis shrimp,cause he's all over that sucker.
But what gets me,he hasnt even paid any attention to my last pepperment shrimp.Not saying he wont,just saying he hasnt yet.

Your right Bio,I do have a fairly small bio-load.I may have to add another fish or 2.

That's good news.

I find it amazing that the Coris Wrasse is able to take down a mantis.

Nice tangs BTW, I really like Kole Tangs as I have one myself.

Great to hear the YCW is after your mantis Yote. I got one a couple months ago when I saw the first signs of flatworms. He wiped out any signs of flatworms in a coupe of days. I love that fish!

Great thread yote!!! I finally got caught up and wanted to tell you that you have an extremely nice setup!! You have some very interesting and nice corals. I am very new to the saltwater side of this hobby, and am blown away by what you have. Good luck with the continued progress.

Figured I might as well add a pic of my little brown cany cane.
CandyCane4-12-09.jpg

And while I was playing with my camera I thought I'd post these shots.
Heres my Urchin:
4-12-09urchin.jpg

Here comes the pink and purple crap:
4-12-09corallinealgae.jpg

And a FTS just for kicks:
4-12-09FTS.jpg

I've also been watching a longnose butterfly at the LFS.Its been in the front reef tank for the last 6 or 7 weeks and has yet to touch a coral.
I'm thinking I might get me one of em.What y'all think?

Back