Yotes 75

Red,
I dont think that the way I run light has any effect all on my algae,unless I leave them off for 2 or 3 days.

Rigo,I think the xenias were just on a real small piece of rubble that ended up in the tank through my tinkering.I actually like the xenias better than kenyas any day.

And as for my photography skills.
I used my shooting sticks to steady the camera,lol.

Give y'alls 2 cents worth.
Do you all think that 3200GPH is to much flow in a 75?
This evening I added one more Koralia#4 for a total of 2 #4s.Also added 2 of the #1s.

See if y'all can pick out the 2 #1s.

Well, some serious water movement. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe offset the run times on the 4's to be at diff times. say 1 1/2 to 3 minutes on and then off. etc.

Is too much movement bad? livestock or corals?

I've not noticed anything bad about that much flow yet.
But I have noticed that my PH seems to be more stable.It only drops off to around 8.0 at night,and staying at 8.4 after the lights are on for 6 hours.
Plus I ran my air intake on my out the window so that it draws fresh air from outside.

Well, some serious water movement. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe offset the run times on the 4's to be at diff times. say 1 1/2 to 3 minutes on and then off. etc.

I tryed that John,But the Hydors have a tendency to kick backwards when they first kick on.And since the tanks in the bedroom,the wife dont like the clicking noise they make.
Planning on getting that Hydor wave maker when they get on the market though.

Finally decided to post a few more pics in here.Y'all was about to bury my lil ole thread,lol.

Got this leather tonight,along with 3 free acans that are pretty well bleached.
LeatherAcan.jpg

Heres Copper the copperband butterfly.
Copper.jpg

He's always picking around on the rocks.

Last but not least.This is one of the D-9 Caterpillars that live in the tank.
D-9.jpg

If you want a sand pusher...
Get a diamond goby WOW that suckers buisy in my tank and doing a great job to boot.

It's amazing how much of a difference it makes from having all the equipment hanging on the tank compared to having a sump...looks good!!!

Lion,
I got one tiger watchman.But for some reason he likes to stay behind the rocks.Just catch glimpses of him every once in a while.

Yeah Blue,A sump makes all the difference in the world,plus it adds water to the system.

Back