Zybers project

what are you pulling out?

this is what he pulled out of his tank
FAE8AAFF-48C9-4D61-A2B2-448D617990DF-336-000000C0C4FCEE61.jpg

now viewer beware of the next pic. the after math or his plague.
A2689B43-F252-421C-8D9C-66ED2B7D69EF-336-000000C188637D6A.jpg

I'm sorry, that really blows

Indeed it does Hannah. I now will be stocking just the corals that are still thriving. As those corals seem to be untouched by the astera. They ate most of my zoathids all my SPS. Even ate my Lobo some. As I'm thinking it was them the were all over it the day it just did not expand like it normaly would in the AM hours when the atinics came on. Then when I got home it was sunken in with chunks out of the flesh. Now it barely expands out of its stock. :(

My tank is plagued with asterinas as well, havent noticed them eating my sps although i have lost easily $1000 in sps frags due to STN or what i believed was STN, with this issue youre stating, it makes me think maybe thats the reason I've lost so many sps corals. I know the starfish love eating calcium based organisms like coral line which is almost depleted in my system now and I have seen them munching on a dead sps skeleton in my tank but its very slowly depleting its skeleton so I dont know. I do know how ever that I bought a harlequin shrimp last month and get tickled to see it at night eating these little boogers. Best of luck to you

Well after pulling 321 asterina from my tank and sump I could see more signs of there work on my glass (coraline). There were trails in it from there. Things are happier now with them gone. :D

Omg I'm loving the Kessil a150w I'm going to shoot a vid tomorrow. I may save up for the a350w and have the light I'll need for my tank upgrade :D

Back