10 Gal Reef set-up

Didn't you have a goby in the 10g? If he has been in the tank then you need to QT the both of them, hope it works out for you

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the Yellow Clown, and now the Neon Goby. So, I guess both are going into the QT tank tonight. Got the salt mixing with a power head right now. Should be done relatively soon. This sucks :\

Yeah, been a pretty stressful night. So, got the QT tank up and running. Salinity is at 1.025 (not sure what I should keep it at). Also, any treatments people would recommend for ich? Also, I re-aquascaped the 10 AND the 55. What a nightmare that was lol. It's cloudy as hell from all the sand I stirred up so no pics yet. Hopefully when I get home from work tmrw, it'll look nice, and I won't hate my life for a bit lol. Took out about 40Lbs of the BR(Might be LR by now, been a few weeks since I put it in there). Stuck 20ish Lbs in a bucket with a heater and the other 20 went in a box for when I set up the 29g. Also, bought my son a 10g to start up at some point. Was thinking one BW Clown (may end up with a normal Percula or Ocellaris just because he wants "Nemo") and a Diamond Watchman for his set up when I get it up and running (and cycled). Appreciate any input on the Ich treatment, thanks.

Can't do hypo, don't have a refracto :\. I'm just going to try treating them with some Ich stuff in the QT. Going to leave the 10g Display empty for the next month to hopefully let any of the eggs that may of ended up in there die. So, the 2nd power head in my 55 broke. Stupid pieces of crap. Went out and bought 2 new circulation pumps rated at 500 gph. Fortunately, the old ones still work, just can't suction them on anything. One, I have tucked in the same spot as one of the new ones. And the other, I'm saving for mixing water. Silver Lining >_>

Two Aqueon 500 Circulation Pumps. Replaced with two Marineland Maxijets. I have all 4 in the tank right now, so, it's pushing around roughly 2000g an hour. Kind of high considering It's a FOWLR tank lol. But, If I ever feel like getting lights for the tank, flow won't be a problem :) lol

Thanks, I went out and did some research today on it. Also got some stuff to treat the Ich. Now they stay in the QT till a clean bill of health (Hopefully). The Yellow Clown still isn't showing any signs of it, so I'm hoping I caught it early enough to kill it relatively quickly. Still haven't decided if I should do a FW dip for the Neon or not. Not sure how long I should leave him in there (I know it doesn't kill the Ich, but it does give him some relief from it for a little bit). So, I dunno :\

Couple of pics of the new rockwork in the 10g, and a pic of the engineer before he showed signs of ich. Also one of my emerald crab :).

Also, the brown spots on the rocks are diatoms?

Attachments

• 2013-03-31_18-52-01_290.jpg
    2013-03-31_18-52-01_290.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 2013-03-31_18-52-21_823.jpg
    2013-03-31_18-52-21_823.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 2013-04-03_10-23-07_308.jpg
    2013-04-03_10-23-07_308.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 2013-04-03_10-23-19_769.jpg
    2013-04-03_10-23-19_769.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 253
The best defense against ich is keeping your fish happy and stress-free. If you're QT'ing one, you have to QT them all. Ich is in that tank. The only way to get rid of it is to leave the tank fallow (fishless) for twelve weeks while treating the fish (with either hypo or copper).

Had it been me, I would've left the fish in the DT (if he was eating) and let him fight it off himself. Moving from tank to tank is very stressful for fish.

Sorry I meant to say Neon Goby lol. Minds been all over the place lately. And he's doing much better in the QT. Him and the Yellow Clown Goby are both in QT. All the spots have come off him (Been dosing with copper). And I'm going to leave the DT empty of fish for a while. There is only inverts in there. Can't do Hypo for them because I don't have a refracto right now. They are both looking better, and eating like pigs again. Also, picked up a small zoa colony and some type of polyp (think it's a green one? has green things lol). Once they open up a bit I'll post pics so you guys can help me ID them :).

No, I do 10 drops each day at the same time. Between 4:25 and 4:40 (Depending on what time I get home). I been following the directions on the back of the bottle I got.

and remember copper is a poison (even for people) so it is not really an easy fix....You really need to read up on stuff, there are MUCH safer ways of treating most things than just using chemicals....as for hyposalinity, I don't know why you would have to have a refractometer....do you have a hydrometer? They will do fine for controlling hyposalinity as well....just take the hydrometer to your LFS and have them compare it to their refractometer....

Back