30 Gal. NEW

hibye

Reef enthusiast
I want to plan out what im gonna do with my 30 when the 125 gallon tank is done.....so im thinking about making it a predator tank.

1 snowflake eel
1dwarf lionfish
1saddle valentini SP puffer
and one of these

long nose hawkfish

sargassum frogfish

leaf scorpion.

i will be getting a new skimmer for christmas hopfully.

plese coment on what u guys/gals think

I think 30 is way too small for a predator tank with that many fish. Predator tanks produce A LOT of waste, so they need to be larger in volume.

Dude, I had a snowflake and a 30 gallon is way too small for that eel, or generally any eel... A snowflake will grow easily over 2 feet... Besides to be honest at 11 years old, I wouldn't suggest anything that aggressive... I got rid of mine because I was nervous everytime I put my hand in the tank... Your parents would not be too happy if you got bit by one... They cause horrible infections... But hibye it is upto you... I would just wait...

Maybe a dwarf lion. If you put all of those together you will have nitrates up the butt. Predators are messy fish and you can't have a great cleanup crew with them.

I used a stick to feed them too, but you can not never put your hand in the tank... Eels willdig under rocks and can cause them to topple over, your powerheads may become dislodged, there are a million reasons you have to put your hand in the tank... I would suggest only 1 predatory fish in the 30 gallon, but even then you will have a hard time with water quality... I feed each of my eels like 4 or 5 whole shrimp... If you were a 12" snakelike creature and you ate 5 shrimp, how much poop would you think you would create?Honestly, if I were you, I would just start a mantis shrimp only tank...

Last edited:
Back