A Coulpe Fish Questions???

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
1st Has Anyone Had A Dealings With Green Chromis Changing Color??? I Have A Pair, And One (the Smaller Of The 2) Seems To Me That He Is Becoming Lighter In Color Or Becoming Pale With No Change Of Attitude Or Eating Habbits ???

2nd My Final Addition Thoughts.....
This Friday.... I Will Be Adding Either A Yellow Watchman,a Diamond Goby, Or A Lawnmower Blenny. What Do You All Think It Should Be ???? I'm Leaning Torwards The Diamond....
The Next Addition Will Be A Pair Of Firefish Gobies And My Final Fish Addition Will Be A Royal Gramma .....
Any Opinions Would Be Great..
Thanks As Always
Ray

If you have an open top tank, then skip the gobies. They'll jump. I like the lawnmower blenny the best, they have the most personality.

sorry, can't help with the chromis. the three fish choices are all good fish. the diamond gobie will keep the sand bed clean. but, they also feed on the fauna that help keep it clean also, they will throw sand all over corals that may be on the bottom, and constantly re-arrange the sand bed. the yellow watchman will borrow in the sand, but will not sift. he will be happy with one little borrow to hide in. it may help him to feel at home if you make a little hole in the sand under one of you're rocks for him to hide. they are very neat to watch. they are a very shy fish, that usually sit on the sand, perched halfway out of their burrow. they seldom come all the way out, except when you feed. I don't have much experience with the lawnmower blenny. I had one once that only lived three days.

Last edited:
A diet that fits the nutritional needs of fish will determine how vibrant a fish looks.I bought 4 Carberryi Anthias that were pale in color.After several months of varying their diet plus soaking the food in Selcon there colors came back.....they look really striking and colorful now.Sometimes its nothing and fish lose color as they age.Give your fish a varied diet of quality frozen foods(no brine shrimp).

I like your choice of blenny but I would go ahead and add the firefish and gramma first.Don't forget a glass top or eggcrate....they may jump.I find both them shy,giving time to adjust first then get a lawnmover.

Back