Alexander's 80gal

Re: newest fish tank

Yeah that rock is high. It's nuts what some people want for it. Have you tried addind base then live to cut costs?

yeah base here in NC usually runs about 2-3 dollars a pound, and live is usually between 7 and 8 dollars a pound

Next tank I set up,I'm making a trip to ID for rock.Here LR sales for 12 to 14 bucks a pound and base is 2 to 3 bucks per.
On second thought,Im gonna head south to Rigos,lol.Free is always better.

Next tank I set up,I'm making a trip to ID for rock.Here LR sales for 12 to 14 bucks a pound and base is 2 to 3 bucks per.
On second thought,Im gonna head south to Rigos,lol.Free is always better.
for sure. we should just have rigo ship us all out live rock haha shipping costs and a couple bucks for the effort would almost sound like it would be more cost effective :)

that would be cool..but here is needed some permit for exporting live rock and frags..i did my homework..and postal service over seas here is a bit expensive :-(

local authoryties they dont bother if they know you...they know im a hobbyist and that i dont do harm to the reef...ive trade some frags with friends and LFS for equipment and stuff once in a while..permits are usually for pet shops for selling and exportation etc...

well you may have the ocean..... but I might be able to pull my pants up to wade around and go reefing in my 80 gallon

alright so here is an update on the progress on my 80g. ive got a prism skimmer hooked up right now. just got t5 lighting! running canister filter rena xp2 :/ so im watching my nitrates heavily. I am planning to get a sump/fuge soon for the 80 but need to find a really quiet pump.

I have had a yellow clown goby in there for about a month along with about 4 turbos, 6 hermits, 10-15 nassarius snails, and 2 peppermint shrimp. The other day i got a really nice medium size copperband buttefly. I made sure i watched him eat at the store before i picked him up. He has been eating really well since i got him so it seems like i have found a good one :)

here is a shot of my yellow clown goby just hangin out.

clowngoby.jpg

and here is the shot i took this morning of the copperband.

luckypenny.jpg

love the copperband butterfly fish let me know how it does red, i want one bad but everyone says they don't live long. Little gobie is cool also seen them at lfs and green ones and grey ones also.

freanch- yeah biff was quite skeptical when i told her i was getting one. I like it a lot really beautiful fish! and i cant tell you how happy i am he has been eating really well.

thanks yote. yeah i am trying, been working at keeping my levels optimum for kick ass growth, but the tank is really new so its not really great yet

an biff i will get a full tank shot here really soon. maybe tomorrow so i can please the masses

Back