Alexander's 80gal

Re: newest fish tank

freanch- yeah biff was quite skeptical when i told her i was getting one. I like it a lot really beautiful fish! and i cant tell you how happy i am he has been eating really well.

"Quite skeptical"??? I believe my exact words were, "Are you suuuuure about that?!?!" and when you said, "Yeah why?" I LAUGHED AT YOU REAL HARD!!!! But I'm glad you seemed to have found a good one. Unlike your defective sea hare... :frustrat:

you'll like the clown goby when you get some lps or softies in there. they love to frolick (omg is just said frolick) through them. mine sleeps in my frogspawn most of the time. and perches in my xenia forest during the day

yeah well i just got my lights so im ready for some corals. he sure does seem to do a lot of sitting around, but its a cool fish

i have no idea. really i have none. i really like my devils hand in my 36 i wouldnt mind having one in my 80 but really i have no idea. definately want some sps now that i got my t5s but we will see. i still need to get my sea legs with corals. i have not put too much focus on them yet. i cant seem to think past equipment upgrades and my naso tang i might be getting tomorrow

Last edited:

So I bought a Naso Tang yesterday that is only a couple months old. He is such a cool little guy so I had to take pics. I cant wait to watch him grow like a little weed. This also gave me the opportunity to take a full tank shot that had been asked for. so here you guys go!

Here is a full tank shot. I am a little embarassed about the canister filter you see there. also a little worried about it doing the job that I need it to do. I want to build a sump/fuge for this one, but have to find the quietest way to go about it. I need to find the quietest return pmp possible. This was the stipulation to being able to put this tank in the living room with my roommate (who owns the house) So if you guys have any suggestions on a really good pump or a really quiet sump setup in general let me know. price is not an issue as long as its quiet. The one in my room is really loud, but thats mostly becasue of the skimmer in the sump that would not be installed in this sump, so im sure its possible. well thats all for that now to the pics!

Here is the full tank shot

fulltank87.07.jpg

here are the t5s I set up this week!

newt5s87.07.jpg

here are a few shots of "Lucky" the copperband and my new Naso Tang

nasoandlucky3.jpg

nasoandlucky2.jpg

nasoandlucky1.jpg

some solo shots of the Naso

naso2.jpg

naso1.jpg

and a solo shot of the copperband

lucky1.jpg

I loooooove your new tang! He/she/it is so pretty! Very nice choice, I'm glad you were able to scoop that one up! I also like your aquascaping, I have my tank set up the same way, with a "passage" through the middle of the rocks.

One more thing... I use an Eheim 1200 return pump on my sump. It's very quiet and not very expensive. Like I said before, the fans from my lights are louder than the pump.

By the way, where'd you get those sexy ass powerheads from??? ;) And I'm jealous of your tang.
got the maxi 1200 on the left from this really cool girl in AZ. you might know her.
My tang is so cool i wanted to buy it immediately on Friday when he got it in, but had to play the patience card and make sure it was eating alright and didnt die right away too. Totally worth the wait though.

and we have the same lights so i definately know that sound level. my fish love the lights they all rock shades :cool:

looks great, what kind of light you got nova xtreme t5's, and yeah i would definitely add some more live rock. I was always told 1-2 lbs per gallon i think all tanks are up to almost 2 lbs per gallon, rock cost alot takes awhile to get it all. Tangs is awesome but i really want a powder blue myself, i got yellow tang, sailfin tang, and a scopas tang.

i have a mag 9.5 return on my sump. it's totally quite. i got it off a e-bay store called petsolutions for 67.00 bucks. the only sounds my sump makes is a gentle sloshing sound that can only be heard when the t.v. is off. and the hum of the cooling fan on my lights actually has a louder than the splash of the sump.

exactly right dfrench. i have nova extremes.

Thanks fishbait i really think i need to look into doing this. the canister was just a temp solution at the time because i had it sitting around

I like the double island effect.Don't sweat the canister,I think people give a bad rap for being a nitrate trap.Just like any filter,clean regularly and you're be fine.Cool looking fishes,you already have one of the fishes I want,a Naso.Congratulation on the lights too.So what your plans for corals?

I like the double island effect.Don't sweat the canister,I think people give a bad rap for being a nitrate trap.Just like any filter,clean regularly and you're be fine.Cool looking fishes,you already have one of the fishes I want,a Naso.Congratulation on the lights too.So what your plans for corals?
i like it too...

thanks for all the comments guys! reaffreak, im not sure on coral plans yet. I know now that i have some descent lights i want to try some sps corals. as far as soft corals, I am really not sure.

Back