And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

Ok I have pics of them in the tank...boy are they going to town on the hair algae.

101_0379.jpg

101_0380.jpg

101_0381.jpg

101_0382.jpg

101_0383.jpg

101_0384.jpg

101_0385.jpg

Looks great, congrats on the new editions! I really like the black sand, it's gonna look awesome when you get some bright colors on there.

Looking good!!!

Just a word of warning about those hermits. Mine all got banished to the sump because they activley hunted my nass snails. They would wait until feeding time, then chase them down when the snails popped out of the sand bed. I would keep an eye on them.

+1 BJ
Mine did the same thing. I had about 20 nass... now I have one. From what I figured, though, it was only the bigger hermit that was hunting them, but he would pull them out of the sand instead of lying in wait for feeding time. He even killed my fighting conchs. Jerk. :grumble:

This hermit is actually bigger than the nass snails. So I'm thinking that more than likely he wouldn't kill it for the shell since they smaller than the one he has now.

Well I saw the cardinal eat a couple of pieces of the mysis. I suppose that is good for the first day in a new tank. Course as soon as I put the mysis in the water one of the nass came out and started looking...the other just poked his tube thing out..hasn't come out of the sand yet. The hermit and cleaner shrimp even got a piece or two.

Last edited:
Rellikdloc get either the zebra turbos or the mexican. The red legged hermit I have hasn't stopped eating since I put him in there. I swear I'm going to have to get him a new shell sooner than I thought if he keeps this up. :)

The critical test results....

Temp: 79.1
Salinity: 1.027 (Don't know how this got so high...I'll be working on getting it lower)
PH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate:0
I'm thinking of taking one glass of saltwater out a day and replace it with the RO water until its back into acceptable range.

Yea I'm pretty happy about everything...though I would really like to get rid of this hair algae that i have going on...I think I'm going to have to break down and get a couple more hermits.

Back