And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

Actually I changed it a bit. This set seems to be a little more stable.

Front view:

101_0350.jpg

Left side:

101_0351.jpg

Right side:

101_0352.jpg

No I'm not. Its actually really stable. Oh and after 3 trips to Walmart for water we are now filled with salt being mixed as we speak. And the heater is in set at 78 degrees and the digital thermometer is in.

Last edited:
We have sand. Its still cloudy, but I figure it will clear. The salinity is sitting at 1.023.

Front:

101_0353.jpg

Right side:

101_0354.jpg

Left side:

101_0355.jpg

Depth of sandbed:

101_0356.jpg

Yuppers. I am planning on going to Wichita today to get the live rock. If I don't go today it won't be until next weekend. There is suppose to be a snow storm coming in tonight and I would really like to have my live rock before that hits.

As I think I stated, I'm using a hydrometer just during the cycle. I just took a reading and it is at 1.022 which seems a bit low. I'm trying to figure how how to up this easily. Basically I am thinking take a little RO water and mix just a tad bit of salt and then dump it in. My temp is sitting at 79.1.

You can do it that way. You will also have water evaporating while you are waiting for the tank to cycle, so you can top off using saltwater instead of freshwater to raise the salinity.

You know I did forget to mention..my 12 year old son is the one who came up with doing the cave idea. He helped me scape the tank last night.

Okay, I got the live rock, a powerhead, magfloat and the API master saltwater test kits. Here is the live rock. I put circles around them.

Front view:

101_0357.jpg

Left side:

101_0358.jpg

Right side:

101_0359.jpg

You know I am wondering how the cycle is going to go. This live rock was never really dry. As soon as they took it out of the tank (both tanks have t5 lights on them) they wrapped it in wet newspaper and then put in more water and double bagged all of it. So they never were really "dry".

Ok, I just noticed something odd. My return on the right hand side of the tank periodically spits out a bunch of microbubbles. I'm trying to think of what would cause this.

You know I just realized I never mentioned what is in the media rack. In the top is filter floss, second chamber has phosban and purigen, in the bottom chamber is chemi-pure. Heater is in the right return chamber.

Back