Aquascaping

613ReefGuy

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, Is anyone familiar with the technics shown here Aquascaping <br>Tricks and Tips

I have been reading a fair amount about rock slides, and I want to do my best to prevent this from happening. I dont understand the "tapping" into the plexi glass, and how the thread rod stays secure to the plexi glass. I understand the bolt holding the rocks in place, but I dont understand what keeps the rod from moving.

Would zip ties (Black from what I have read) be sufficient to secure rocks resting on the piece that is fastened to the threaded rod?

Thanks for your help guys and gals

I use PVC and zip ties for my rocks. However, I didn't use the piece of acrylic to start. I jut used the pvc and elbows, and built a small plat form out of it.

But to answer your question...Yes, zip ties (black) will easily hold the rock. I would recommend getting at least 11" zip ties. for the main portions, and some smaller ones for the smaller rocks.

I also didn't use plexiglass or acrylic. I just built a square frame out of PVC to sit on the bottom of the tank. This was covered in sand. The PVC arms extended upwards from the frame. It worked really well.

Back