Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

Yea its funny, I'm actually giving it back to the person who gave it to me. So maybe I can get it back but I will most likely buy a new one. I was actually thinking of getting a carpet nem for the big tank but that's a ways off still. Still pondering.

Sad to say that I am getting rid of my rbta tomorrow. It moved again last night and I just don't want to have to worry about it getting sucked into the powerheads and whatnot. Idk why it is moving all of the sudden. Nothing has changed but 29g is too small to have a Anemone walking around in. I will get another when I upgrade. I'm still kinda sad though.

Yeah that sadly happened with my first anemone it moved for weeks on end finally it liked the glass by the powerhead then as it got happy and got bigger and me being at work it got sucked up and shredded. By the time I got home from work there was nothing left of it other than what was tangled in the powerhead. I've lost countless shrimp and arrow crabs like that also. sometimes powerheads just suck (no pun intended)......

If I lost everything in my tank bc of a nem I would be so mad at myself for not preventing it. I've invested way too much for it to be nuked lol bye bye buuble tip

If I lost everything in my tank bc of a nem I would be so mad at myself for not preventing it. I've invested way too much for it to be nuked lol bye bye buuble tip

to my surprise the nem getting diced did not nuke my tank. I count that to being lucky hahaha i will say i would not want to tempt it again. i hope your nem gets a nice big happy home :D

Well...I hope the bubble tip does well. Our friend gave it to us when his split and then ours split and we brought it to our lfs for credit and our friend was mad that we didn't give it to him. So we just gave him the other half of the rbta and I am regretting it. It's a 125g but idk his tank looked kinda iffy. The nem attached its foot firmly. I just hope he takes care of it....I shoulda brought it to the lfs for credit....

New corals today!!! I met up with valasaraptor and traded some corals. He had a couple that weren't doing so hot so I took them off his hands. Blue Bali slimer and a red orange monti. I also bought a red open brain that has a bit of damage that should recover and an unknown sps. Pictures!! In the monti looks white but it has some color still.

9b1d1e38.jpg

7f39f400.jpg

1c1ef80d.jpg

e1c4841b.jpg

eb03c50f.jpg

Looks good Brittany! My closed brain was given to me looking like that too. Unfortunately it didnt make it the color just kept fading, i fed it as much as it would take which seemed to help al little bit, but not enough. I wish you luck with it! Take good care of it. :)

Unfortunatly I had to bring my two clowns to my lfs. They were harassing a lot of my corals. I was sad to see them go but I don't want to loose my corals. But the good news is that we brought home a new fishy friend! I didn't plan on getting anything but I had never seen a fish like this before. It's a lyretail hogfish. He gets to be a good size so he will look awesome in the 93 gallon. He will be housed I the 29 for a month or so. He is still small yet. I also got a huge feather duster! I have the moonlights on for now so the new fish can adjust without anyone bothering him. I think my hubby named him Jive. Lol idk why. Here's a couple pics!

9a07b9b5.jpg

5dca369f.jpg

e24e8cee.jpg

I looked on a few different sites while at the store. One said with caution, the others said reef safe. I guess as juvies they are docile and then as they get older they get bolder. Right now my magenta Pseudo is showing him he is the boss of the tank lol

Free is an excellent price........Hope he doesn't start nomming your corals, or your inverts for that matter.

Back