Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

once you get stuff moved around i bet you can sell your tank and lights and get a nice smaller setup, i really think you would like a 120 gallon. takes up less room 48 inch lights are cheaper use less power and still have a nice deep tank to play with.

you do know that if you downgrade that you can no longer claim having the biggest tank. There may be much ridicule and finger pointing through our computer screens!

The LFS didn't have any 48" tanks today, so I asked them to give me a quote on getting a new drilled tank and stand. They'll get back to me with the numbers. I need one fast. My tank seems to be leaking more and more.

I also talked to them about Jill. They said they'd try to treat her if I brought her in. I'm going to try to catch her this afternoon. This will be her new home. If you look closely, you can see that there is a male vlamingi companion waiting for her (bottom right). She'll be much happier in this giant "pond" than in my tank. Wish me luck catching her! I hope the stress of the move isn't too much for her.

1228081136.jpg

Jill made the trip to the LFS. He put her in a QT for now so he can medicate her. If her wounds heal, he's going to move her to the touch tank with the other giant vlamingi, groupers and sharks. He said it looked like fish tuberculosis (caused by mycobacteria). Which is transmissible to humans. Great. Prognosis is 50/50, so I'm going to stop by after work tomorrow to check on her.

Will do, Yote. Waiting on the quote for the new tank. I did see a used set of 8 bulb T5s with IRs in the store, maybe when my tank gets here I'll check into taking those off his hands.

Biff Im glad to hear that Jill is getting a new boyfriend as long as she pulls through. Really sorry that you're going to have to downsize but it sounds like its the best thing for all parties involved. Look at it this way, its something to get excited about in the hobby again, its always good to make changes and this could work out to be a great thing for you and NDB.

Yeah. We could sure use the extra space too :)

If I downgrade to a 75, I may be able to keep all my current fish too, as long as I keep the 55 sump and 35 DSB/fuge. We'll see...

Ya know,I got an 8 bulb Nova Extreme.If you wanted to save some cash,we could probably work a trade.Mine dont have the IRs,But you've seen how my tank likes em.

That's a possibility Yote. I'll check and see how much the set at my LFS are going for. Obviously, we'd have to factor in shipping costs :(

It'd be factored in buying from an online vender any way,so shipping aint no problem.
Of course you and NDB could make a vacation trip to Chatt town and drop in for a visit,that would cut the cost of shipping:mrgreen:

Thanks Nudy, but the T5s that I have currently are a 4 bulb fixture.

My LFS quoted me $700 for a new 75 with stand. Ha. Ha. Ha.

I'll just have to keep checking Craig's List daily, and keep wrapping my tank in towels in the meantime.

Thanks Nudy, but the T5s that I have currently are a 4 bulb fixture.

My LFS quoted me $700 for a new 75 with stand. Ha. Ha. Ha.

I'll just have to keep checking Craig's List daily, and keep wrapping my tank in towels in the meantime.

They had 8 bulb ones not to long ago for only $174, bulbs included. A lot of people on the Nano Reef forums have bought them and said it is the best deal for the price and are very similar to the Tek lights.

so whats the update on ur tank situation? just curious, havent heard much so didnt know if you found a resolution at all

Back