Brittany's teeny tiny reef!

Can't wait till the light gets here, then ill actually have some real light! still can't decide what fish to put in there..

Thanks! Cody was actually the one to build it. I helped pick out which rocks to epoxy and zip tie together. He is like the master with coming up with cool and unique aquascapes. I love it.

Cody says he wants this to he his tank...with my guided expertise lol and ill be the one taking care of it..mainly he just wants to pick corals out and fish.

Thanks Justin. My lights are coming tomorrow, I'm so excited. I hope they get here before I have to leave for work!

Tested my water again today and man there was a major spike in nitrites! See for yourself! The ammonia looks a bit higher also.

IMAG1751.jpg

IMAG1749.jpg

Just going to hijack the thread.

You know that those outlets on the kitchen counter top are supposed to be GFCI protected? They might very well be protected at the breaker, but more often than not, they are GFCI outlets.

In the one picture, I see one, and the others might be piggy backed off of that one, but just thought I would point this out to you.

Alex I just used frozen fish food and live rock to cycle the tank.

Bjohanson they are gfci protected. I think they are piggy backed to the other outlet in the kitchen. Everytime I unplug something for the fishtank I have to go push the little button to turn it back on. Annoying as heck but at least I know the house won't burn down. Thanks for noticing tho! My father in law built the house so he made sure everything was right.

Alex I just used frozen fish food and live rock to cycle the tank.

How much? I desolved 3 whole table shrimp in my 75 gallon with 95% dry rock and hardly had any cycle. And my nitrates are really low too and I haven't been doing many water changes. Maybe it's my magical chaeto. It's probably quadrupled in size since I put in a few months ago. Someone does need to replace Biff... :twisted:

Back