Contest Ted

man fish are easy compared to this. Right now I am trying to feed these two put together. Not sure why I am putting them together but seemed like a good idea. I have a target feeder thingy and squirt it on each lps coral. I just hope I am not doing to much. A 10 gallon can have spikes really fast.

Attachments

• HL1543_99.jpg
    HL1543_99.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 222
  • KM3711_99.jpg
    KM3711_99.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 247
Those should work Ted. The other thing is I usually feed the corals after feeding the fish. I think the corals smell the fish food and then start opening up. That's when I start to feed them. A lot of my corals have gotten use to feeding and will begin to open when the water pumps are turned off.

well there is only one fish in there. He usually comes and a gets a piece or two not enough to notice or bother the corals. I was looking on U-tube at different corals while they are feeding and I think my favia has a couple of barnacles in it. Those are the little fan things I keep seeing coming out of this coral. There are only three so I have been worried that the other parts of the favia didnt have them. I saw a galaxy on u-tube that had barnacles in it and the fan things look the same. Now the big question are barnacles bad?

Last edited:
heres the movie of what I found on u-tube [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2vlHfGMG0]YouTube - Galaxy Coral with Barnacles[/ame]

good question, when i was looking at my new coral rock last night, i think i found something like a barnicle, or maybe a baby clam, or someting, i dunno, its shapped like a clam, about the size of a pencil eraser, and clearish... i havent seen it move or anything, but then again, i just spotted it last night...

hey, is the stuff from kent a brownish liquid? it was suggested that if i have never had any kind of corals before, to feed a few drops of this stuff from kent once or maybe twice a week, just a few drops, like 5 or so...in the sump...

i cant remember what the stuff is called tho....

Chromaplex. Ya its brown I bought the same stuff from AD. This is from liveaquria: They contain the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae which provide almost all of their nutritional requirements. Especially if the lighting is not optimal, they should be fed micro-plankton or baby brine shrimp. Oh a picture of the bottle is a few post up in this thread.

Ted your corals look great! Don't sweat feeding those guys so much. They will be fine. I definitely wouldn't be feeding them twice a week -- in a small tank, you really risk spoiling your water. The zoanthids don't need to be fed, and the brain only should be fed if it has its tentacles extended.

she plays dirty. Very dirty. :mrgreen:

the best ones allways do....

yea, Ted, thats the same stuff i have, i've put like 5 drops of that stuff into my sump return section 2 times this week, that outta be enough.. i know that my feather dusters sure do seem to love it, they are multiplying like crazy... more and more of them, and they are starting to get bigger... or maybe i'm just noticing them more cause i'm stairing at my tank more...

Is it weird that i just stand there and stare at my zoas? i dont expect them to do much, other than just be pretty, and they are, but i find myself just standing there....

Ted, I've got a 26 gallon and it will spike very fast if you don't watch it! I give supplements sparingly because my numbers go nuts if I don't. You don't want to crash your tank. The past couple months I've been using this and my corals are going crazy for it:

: : : : Indo-Pacific Sea Farms : : : :

The zoos will be fine, they're hardy. I would watch the brain and feed it when it asks.

C

I keep meaning to order stuff from them but I always for get. I want some spaghetti worms and a have been wanting to try some of their snails. I guess I will just have to figure out what all to order and do it all at once.

Well I found a aiptsia in my nano today:frustrat: I killed it with Aiptsaia control and have added two peppermint shrimp. My wifes new camera has come in. If i can get it away from her maybe I will be able to finally get some decent pic to post. It came in Wednesday and I have yet been able to touch it. Kinda funny really I have been saving money for 8 months on the sly to buy the thing for a anniversary present. Maybe this weekend I will get her to let me borrow it or I can try to convince her to take some shots for me. Its a sony s230 dslr to be honest I have no idea how to use it. She does so maybe she should take the pics. :D

Aha! My sabotaging plans are starting to work ;) You get aiptasia, Catherine gets cyano, Alexander gets hair algae, Ryan gets flatworms, Sharkie gets dinos... It's all coming together!!!! :evil:

Thats ok Biff I can control aiptasia. I sent you a major tank integrity fail. Hope its not on carpet. :mrgreen:

Back