crazy tank build coming soon..

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
OK,i have 2 empty 75's right now.I'm going to remove the 2 side pieces of glass and attempt to join the 2.....Its going to be a slow going project ,so updates will be here and there...This is almost being done out of pure curiosity,but if it works, it will go thru a long test period..

this sounds awesome! good luck with this, going to need to reinforce the center of that tank me thinks

I think once your done youd be better off selling your 2 tanks and just buying a 150gal it would be cleaner and safer. just my :twocents: good luck

Like i said ,curious and bored at the same time...people build plywoods,so i'll give this a shot..It will be an in wall,and kinda look like 2 framed windows when its done...Its going to be so massivly braced up ,it will be overkill for sure:Cheers:

What about if you drilled the sides and put in tubes (at least 2). You could totally do a dual window in wall thing.

I did give this idea some thought also.....and i'm still considering it...just worried about drilling it and i would need a couple good sized holes(6+ inches)....but in the end ,if drilling didn't work out, i'd still be able to do the original plan..

That way you can set up 2 different enviroments. Have one side SPS dominate, and the other something different. Just a thought. As far as the tube, those are easy to get, you can use acrylic. And I'm sure you can find someone to drill the sides if you were not comfortable doing it.

The dual enviroment is a very cool idea,but i mainly want to do it so the fish i have now would have even more swimming room,and maybe i could get that second angel i've been wanting:D...i live in a smallish type town,not sure who i would even contact about glass drilling...hmmm, google time:lol:......i may run with this idea for now and see where it gets me..

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, cause if it don’t work you can go back to your original plan. If you do it the first way you talked about you might end up wrecking two tanks

If they wont do it, you can always try to drill the hole in it yourself. I saw some good threads and videos on here somewhere on how to do it. I am sure you can find a hole cutter on Ebay or something, then again they might not be big enough. First thing is to find out if it’s tempered or not. Good Luck.

I'd ask them to try. Tell them you have a back up plan to fuse the 2 together if the glass breaks and you won't hold them responsible, or expect to pay for it.
I called them back and said this and she said she has to talk to the guys who do it,but still doesn't think they will try......so ,we'll see.i'm probably gonna take the panels out tonight and call them back in the morning.
i watched a couple on youtube and it seems pretty straight forward,but they were only doing 2 inch holes ,i would want a minimum of a 6 inch

Tell them you'll sign a release so they have nothing to worry about. I highly doubt the sides are tempered. It is usually only the bottom that is on tanks that size.

There's an easy way to tell if it's tempered. Just look at the glass through a pair of polarized sunglasses. If you see a shaded checkered pattern then the glass is tempered. If the glass looks perfectly clear then it's regular glass.

All the ones I've ever had, had "polarized" printed right in the top corner of the lens. My current ones cost $8 at walmart

Back