Ctimpson's 135 gallon Reef Tank... Build Thread...

Code:
 "[IMG]"<A href="https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/avatars/mikmcgyver.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1192078494"[/IMG]">https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/avatars/mikmcgyver.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1192078494"[/IMG]"
You are missing the IMG CODE! Copy and paste this into the sig area
It should Work! OH REMOVE THE " " any where you see them in the above code

The stand and canopy came out Very nice !
damn good job man,

Last edited:
Already did, but when the plumbing is done I will do it again...Does anyone have a good link on doing plumbing for a tank like this, either closed loop or not...

So I got the rest of the week off, so with any luck, the tank will be up by friday... Today I bought my Mag Drive 18, 120lbs. of live sand, and all the plumbing supplies... Tomorrow, will be a fun filled day of pvc plumbing, but it will be fun... I bought the wrong silicone from HD, so I have to go back tomorrow and buy the right stuff... I will post a lot of pics tomorrow, so stay tuned...

So all of the plumbing is done so tomorrow I could fill this thing with saltwater... I got 120 lbs of caribsea argonite... Should I rinse it with tap water or just put it in the tank... Also with the sand from my 60 should I rinse it with saltwater, or just scoop it out and put it in the 135...

Follow the directions on the bag of your new sand. If it's live sand, you don't want to rinse it.

As for the old sand, just scoop it out, don't rinse it.

Well the caribsea isn't live, so I am not worried about killing any bacteria... Man do I have a headache from all of the PVC glue today...

I love the smell of it too... I was huffen that stuff all day... No for real it is a cool smell, but will seriously cause a raggin headache... Stuck inside the stand in my room, gluing pvc together... I guess thats why they suggest applying in a well ventilated area... HAHA screw "use as directed"...

yeah, chances are you just killed a couple thousand brain cells. You are probably more suited for life in AZ now. be careful though, any more huffing of that stuff and you will be preped for a mental move to Utah...

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back