d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

UPDATE:
Garage floor is being epoxy coated today. Full chip coverage. Lifetime warranty, and yes i made sure it includes saltwater. :D

Before shots:

6927813350_98851aa53f_o.jpg

6927813260_ce59835cc4_o.jpg

Prepping the floor:

7073893913_720ab5d77a_o.jpg

6927813204_f9377c4ece_o.jpg

You know you're a reefer addict when you build a house around a tank ;) Man, I can't wait to see your final setup! Livingreef party in TX??

You know you're a reefer addict when you build a house around a tank ;) Man, I can't wait to see your final setup! Livingreef party in TX??

haha, what else would i build the house around? :dunno:
Partay!!! :Cheers:

More pics.
Grinding the floor. I think all my stuff is gonna be a bit dusty! :shock:

7074281485_7443cb17d5_o.jpg

Starting the lay down the base coat and chips.

6928199788_24127c2baf_o.jpg

I put that same stuff down in the house we built but our renter enjoys it now. Nothing could stain it and it cleaned up very nice. I wanted to do my house I live in but I was lazy plus it had that gray painted floor in the 3 car.

I miss the chips but at least I get to see it at rent time haha it has been down roughly 5 or 6 years because I put it down right after we built it and it looks just like new. It is cool because it came in beige to match the walls.

Ya, i didn't care for the brown chip color choices, so went with gray. We're not beige people. ;)

Next up is painting the bottom half of the wall gray, with a red stripe separating the two wall colors. The white you see now has a warm hue to it so the red stripe will make it all blend well. :)

They could still do your current garage. Mine was brand new and they still removed a good 1/8th" of concrete with that sander.
So glad I had this one professionally done. Lifetime warranty so no worries about it lifting up like the DIY stuff I've had in the past.

Last edited:
The house was beige so I used it. Never had any issues with it coming up though.

Yeah I guess I could do it still but we are thinking of one day getting the big hog house haha this one is 3200sq ft and no chance of a fish room so ya know I want one too.

Well can't wait to see it done good luck. I been making a lot of friends in the coral growing and tank builders and doing their graphics, etc. so I may barter for a large acrylic custom tank when the time comes.

Garage is finished!
Ended up doing a red chair moulding all the way around.
Now i need to start working on the tank equipment area, to the left of the red tool chest. :)

6941130018_0448324de0_o.jpg

6941129950_da5c71c3d5_o.jpg

7087199563_a49fe513ab_o.jpg

Holy Shart that is a lot of flek. Damn garage looks like a race shop with the red line. Sweet.

I have too much stuff for a garage that empty and it is a 3 car garage. I need a 5 car haha.

hahahaha, ya it's "full fleck". :D
Half my stuff is in the house still. Bicycles, my saltwater stuff, random vacuums, etc.
Those pics are the calm before the storm. lol But I'm trying to keep it neater and more organized.

Back