d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

hahahaha, ya it's "full fleck". :D
Half my stuff is in the house still. Bicycles, my saltwater stuff, random vacuums, etc.
Those pics are the calm before the storm. lol But I'm trying to keep it neater and more organized.

Ahh I see now. I bet you put stuff down like a feather on it right now. When I got my first new car a long time ago i drove like a bitch for a long time. Then when I got my rims and tires holy crap I was going slow everywhere.

This is the same. My old garage floor I was so careful till I realized it is near impossible to ruin it. Well you know what I mean.

Post some pix when the storm is in full effect haha lol.

Speaking of garage floors. There was a show called "million dollar rooms" the guy had a 8 car garage with marble titles imported from Italy. It double has a ball room. So, it was a 8 car garage/ball room. Cost just for the marble was $200-300k.

That looks great Dennis...great job.

As if HE really did it himself LOL!

Nevetheless, LOVE it! Epic build so far...too bad it's still missing the tank LOL

Are the people in the old house going to keep the tanks? And who's building your tanks at the new place?

As if HE really did it himself LOL!

Nevetheless, LOVE it! Epic build so far...too bad it's still missing the tank LOL

Are the people in the old house going to keep the tanks? And who's building your tanks at the new place?

Hey, I wrote the check! That counts for sumfin! :D

The old tank is gone. We moved it to a local shop where it will be their main display when you walk in the store. Once I get my livestock out of it. ;)

The new tank is being built by Deep Sea Aquatics.
The stand too, which greatly increases the warranty on their tanks.

Geeeezzzzzzz :grumble: all this hype and no tank yet lol:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah so hows the tank going to be shaped? Just remember you have to be able to dive in it... Not like the last tank sticking your head in it with a set of goggles and snorkel on hahahaha:Cheers:

The tank is 84"x24"x24".

My LFS called DSA yesterday.
Apparently they lost my order in the system but put a rush on it and said they would start building it right away. So shouldn't be much of a delay and should ship out soon.
I have sooooo much to do yet, it didn't really matter to me anyway. lol

Apparently they lost my order in the system but put a rush on it and said they would start building it right away.

OMG that's suck bad business practice, especially since you're putting in for a large order. what if they didn't call :shock:

What's there to do? Oh, I forgot...write more checks :mrgreen:

Besides write more checks :mrgreen: I have a lot of work to do.
This past weekend I finally got my utility sink in the garage hooked up. That took a couple trips to home depot but wtf doesn't? :roll:

Then, since that was in, I hooked up my RO/DI to it and got that hung on the wall. I need to swap out the filters for fresh ones (mo money), but it's working!

And now I'm looking at shelving for the garage. Thought about building my own 2x4 shelving, but now I'm thinking of boltless, steel shelving like seen in home depot but I'm looking at commercial grade ones which are powder coated and have a much higher load capacity per shelf. I want everything off the floor, including my water storage tanks.

And I still haven't started buying any plumbing supplies (MO MONEY!). I need a ton of gate valves, ball valves, unions, etc. That stuff adds up quick! But i need the shelving, display tank, water tanks, sump and all that stuff in place before I start working on the plumbing.

Then I think the only other two big ticket items I'll be looking for is a 1/2hp chiller (looking at the EcoPlus Commercial line), and a bigger skimmer. Not sure what i'm gonna do there.

So ya, the gears are turning, things are starting to happen, but it's a kinda slow process. :D

I am betting that this will be 20 pages before we even get an empty tank shot.:twocents:

JK Dennis. This will be a great tank. I have mine just sitting in the garage. I got 2-3 months worth of remodeling to do before I start my build thread. Although...... if I started it months before I actually start working on the fish room, I might get 20 pages too.:^:

Back