d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Man I am drooling at that setup.

I am sure this picture represents how a lot of us are feeling right now.

ironmanfail.jpg

I'm not jealous of his tank!!!

Now excuse me while I go curse at my tank.....

Dammit, D, even your DIY looks good :D No ghetto here!

Did you paint the entire wall behind the tank blue? or is that just color reflection?
That looks amazing! Can't wait to see it stocked.

Are the magazine/ad people knocking on your doors already?

I just read this entire thread. Totally awesome tank! If you are going to go big like this, building your house around the aquarium system is the best way to do it, it appears :)

Thanks! Hopefully it wasn't a complete waste of your time. :D
And ya... Houston is Oil Town. Gonna take more than a crappy economy to shut us down. ;)

Good God, I missed a few pages on this build. Very nice Dennis. When you ae done there you can come out to Cali and do my tank the same way :mrgreen:

On another note, what graph are you running your Radions at? Any chance you'll send it to me to try out? Been running Jonathons now for the entire time they've been up.

My walls were all blue with cheap bulbs when it was just water. When I added the rocks and sand that went away a lot. I mean I used to just sit and watch the blue fluttering on the wall and now there is hardly a reflection.

I would imagine that goes for your tank later on as well. Plus when you put up the fine cabinetry it will surely be gone boooooo.

Dennis, everything is coming along great! Very well thought out. If you weren't going to build cabinets around everything, I would suggest using carriage bolts to sturdy up the framework. Using the bolt on the front side and the nut/washer on the back and then one more coat of a high gloss black. That would actually be a very sharp looking setup. Love what you have done so far.
Are you flying to TB to hand pick rock? Sorry not sure I understood that post. Again, keep up the great work.

Thanks guys!

Yes, Richard invited me down to TBS to go out with him on the boat and help pull up rock. I'll be documenting the trip in pics! It's gonna be a quick trip but should be pretty cool.

Yeah that Richard is pretty cool. I am going to ask him for some custom rocks if he has the right shapes. He had some shelf looking pieces sitting by his fence when I was there that I really wanted for an area of my tank but they were just a little too big.

Have fun matey. Hahahaha tell him to swing by some hot spots for sand bar hang outs. Water just looks nicer if you know what I mean or pull up to the Hooters!

Thanks guys!

Yes, Richard invited me down to TBS to go out with him on the boat and help pull up rock. I'll be documenting the trip in pics! It's gonna be a quick trip but should be pretty cool.

Oh yes! Please take lots of pictures for the rest of us who cannot come along.

Back