d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

More progress on the cabinetry. :)
Canopy doors still need some tweaking, but other than that it is complete, including caulking and paint touch-up.
Got some much needed storage down below and still have access to all electronics.
Canopy doors should go on later this week.

Will the doors swing up?

Thanks! :)

Go into your AL profile.
Right under the AL logo at the top left is a pull down menu for your tank. In that menu is "Signature". Go there and copy the code at the bottom of the page. You'll see it has both url and img tags in it. Paste that whole code into your signature here at LR.

Go into your AL profile.
Right under the AL logo at the top left is a pull down menu for your tank. In that menu is "Signature". Go there and copy the code at the bottom of the page. You'll see it has both url and img tags in it. Paste that whole code into your signature here at LR.

Dont you have to be a VIP member to put a image in your sig?

The tank looks amazing. I hadn't checked in in awhile. The shelving and canopy look great!
It must have been a real pain having all that installed and keeping anything from falling into the water.

Great work!

Go into your AL profile.

Welcome! Yeah, I copied the whole thing.. it won't show up for me. Thank you for trying to help me though. :)

looks amazing surprise surprise...
lol, thanks. :)

Dont you have to be a VIP member to put a image in your sig?
Apparently! Totally forgot about that.

The tank looks amazing. I hadn't checked in in awhile. The shelving and canopy look great!
It must have been a real pain having all that installed and keeping anything from falling into the water.

Great work!
The guys are actually pretty good about that stuff. They put plastic over the top of the tank to prevent anything from getting inside. And all work was either done at their shop or in my driveway, so only assembling was going on in my house.

d2mini, how is your ORA Red goniopora working out? I remembered that you had bought one before. An LFS I was at yesterday has one they claim is ORA....but it doesn't look like an ORA frag. Either way, I'm not sure my tank can handle it...nutrients might be too high. Did you have success with yours, though?

This is mine.
Still looks the exact same! lol

8104192874_8970ceedd2_o.jpg

Have you tried spot feeding it at all?

Seems to me like if it isn't growing a lot in your tank then it definitely won't in mine and I shouldn't waste my money. I would need to put it near the top to get the right flow and light for it anyway.

Yours looks great, though. :-)

I don't spot feed anything. Too lazy. So far.
I did recently buy a "Julian's Thing" feeder so I may start soon. I haven't opened it yet. :mrgreen:

I know others locally that have them and they've grown quite a bit.
Remember, my tank is only 6 months old. Still a ways to go before it's truly mature and running full speed ahead.

6mo wow I lost track of the build from the pics and vid sir your tank feels much older ....

Though I've been fallowing since the move to the new house you'd think I'd remember. But yeah your tank has come along way in this 6mo. And dumb ass question time have you found any cool things coming from your TBS rock other than the things you found in the bags?

Back