d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

One or two steps closer.

Had to empty my sump, disconnect it from the system and pull it out of the way so I could drill another hole in the stand to feed the tubing in.
Blue = fresh RO water
White = freshly mixed saltwater
Black = old skanky saltwater pumped OUT of the sump.

I'll be popping the baseboard molding off the wall and hiding the tubing behind that.
The tubing goes through the wall behind the dining room chair and into the garage to the water tanks.

797415490_KG3AK-O.jpg

797415494_nb4JE-O.jpg

Here's another shot of the life on the rock.
What's the white stuff? And is the green some sort of Caulerpa?

767070808_2UAHx-O.jpg

Hey, Dennis, did this stuff grow out? I would love to see a pic of it if it did to try and figure out what it really is?

I just re-read your thread from the beginning and this is such a fun story! You need to submit it to that place where they publish your stuff in a book. This is cool!

C

Catherine, i'll have to check tomorrow when my lights are on again but i think it might have gotten covered up by the second batch of rock. That was on the first batch. I forgot about it!

And what's so damn funny?! :|

Oh, you said "fun". ok. :mrgreen:

Is it done yet? I've been keeping up. ;)

Still working on it! I don't get much time during the week, chasing after the new pup all the time. This weekend I got the eshopps ATO installed and hooked up to the tank and that's all running just fine. No more topping off from 5 gallon jugs! And all the tubing is run to the garage and neatened up. Just need to get the molding back on the wall.

801627494_8AQqg-L.jpg

801627476_mzbMX-L.jpg

I thought down here in the south it's "getterdone!" :lol:

Here's a couple other pics. My new fishy and a wide angle FTS.
I erased the tanks seam lines. Some of what you see is reflections from the sides of the tank. :D

801304814_sV93F-O.jpg

801304801_FUsoQ-O.jpg

Back