d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

The BRS stuff is great, your tank is looking g also. how do you like the vortechs? Are they loud? A lot of people in my area are complaining about that and I have been seeing them for sale here and there with that complaint that they are to loud.

When the house is silent, i can hear them humming along. You can hear them ramp up and down if they are on one of the preset modes.
That's it. Not loud by any means.

Oh and i forgot to mention, in that pic you can just barely make out my new Atlantic Blue Tang in the bottom right. Seems to be doing ok with my Sailfin Tang so far.

Wow! Just read the whole thread! Awesome tank! Beautiful set up.

***I am so doing something wrong with my 3D graphic work :grumble: *** LOL

S'ok. I am happy with my 28G nano :D I don't have room in the rental for anything bigger yet. But when we move back to TX.... whoo hoo!

You have a great showcase. :)

Denis, still looking great! What are you using to keep that glass so clean?

Thanks! I just use my Algae Free magnet cleaner every other day.
I do need to scrape off some green algae along the bottom edge where it meets the sand though. Just been lazy.

Dennis, Now that you have had the Tampa Bay Saltwater stuff in for a while I was wondering how happy you are with their service and product. Specifically, I know you spent a while chasing down mantis shrimp but have you had trouble with other hitchiker bad guys? Aiptasia? Anything else that might not be reef safe? You also got a bunch of sponges and gorgs, how are they holding up? Is your rock "teaming with life" like you expected it to be? Basically, would you do it all again? what would you do differently?

Love your FTS.

C

Last edited:
I would never set up another tank with anything but TBS. :bounce:

Some of my sponges are looking a little iffy, but we all know those aren't exactly the easiest thing to keep alive long term. The gorgs, including the purple one still look great. One of my flame scallops is still alive and so is my orange star.

When you look at everything you get, TBS is such a great deal for the money.
Customer service is tops.
Even if you have to order a cuc refresher in a year or two, Richard still sends extra goodies along.
And the way the tank starts up with such a minimal cycle, it's like doing a tank transfer rather than setting up a brand new tank from scratch. So quick and easy.

You really can't go wrong... even if it does mean hunting down a few pests.
I have no aiptasia.
I still hear the occasional popping... probably just a pistol shrimp or two.

Can we get some new photos?

BWAHAHA!!! I'm just posting in other build threads asking for more photos and now I come here and I'm getting the same question. :lol:

I guess I need to get busy... :)

Unfortunately, I'm off to shoot some mixed drinks for the new Hideous Liquor website today, as soon as I finish my bagel and coffee. My work is never done! :roll:

d2mini said:
Unfortunately, I'm off to shoot some mixed drinks for the new Hideous Liquor website today, as soon as I finish my bagel and coffee. My work is never done! :roll:

Do you get to try the mixed drinks while photographing them?

Do you get to try the mixed drinks while photographing them?

Sometimes I might have to take just a little sip... you know... for creativity sake. :Cheers:
Purely professional. :D

Sometimes though... what I'm shooting gets "altered" and you would be highly advised NOT to partake. ;)

4509254938_767eee6663_o.jpg

4508615525_a493e7a3a8_o.jpg

Back