DeLucs' BioCube 14 Build

Very very cool. I need to build me a stand as well. :)

Thanks for the idea to post on CL to see if anyone has any they are trying to sale! I just made a post and hopefully I will get a good deal like you did!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea to post on CL to see if anyone has any they are trying to sale! I just made a post and hopefully I will get a good deal like you did!!

yea its always worth a shot, when i was at the couples house they told me they didnt even think to sell it. they were just about to put it in storage then they saw my ad. so u never know!

quick update, finished painting the stand black yesterday and today i put a layer of urethane on it to give it some protection. hopefully tomorrow i can setup the tank!!

picked up my stand from my parents today!:^::bounce: put the tank on and took a couple pictures. what u guys think?

with flash
DSC_0327_zpscb09882a.jpg

without flash
DSC_0326_zpsae05db82.jpg

after i cook some supper, im gonna aquascape. i can tell its going to be hard since i have such a huge variety of sizes of rock to choose. wish me luck!

got a scape that looks decent, spend two hours with different variations and this was the best one so far. what u think? itll most likely change but for now its staying.

DSC_0336_zps6611574a.jpg

DSC_0338_zpsb248c17c.jpg

DSC_0339_zps779d52c2.jpg

thanks for the info and the whole middle part is a big cave just not very noticeable in the pics. itll most likely change in the next few days lol

Looking good! The more water flow that can get through the rock the better. Some people end up using reef safe putty if they wont stack the way you want. Get your salty water in there! :D

Quick update!

i finally got her wet!

DSC_0350_zpsc86d3170.jpg

its a little bit cloudy but its clearing up quick. only concern is tho, where do i put the heater in this thing? can the false floor in the first compartment be removed? the 2nd and 3rd compartments definitely dont have enough water in them.

I keep mine in the third chamber, I also put more water in mine. Mine is way past the max water line. You can see all the goodies i stuffed in mine, the link is in my sig.

so i wanted to try Dr. Tims one and only live nitrifying bacteria, so i got myself a 4oz bottle when i ordered all my equipment. im going to make a mini log to see if it actually will start up my cycle and shorten it. All the parameters starting off at zero and seeing what happens. will test water daily.

Day 1
29/01/13

-Added 4oz bottle of Dr. Tims one and only live nutrifying bacteria.
-tested with API Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate test kits

Parameters:
Ammonia-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-0

This is what i used
DSC_0352_zps04b1743b.jpg

-tank became cloudy instantly
DSC_0351_zps82afc6e1.jpg

Last edited:
I would still put a small piece of raw shrimp in there. It will tell you more than the bottle alone. If the bacteria in the bottle got too hot or cold, they could be dead. You never know. If it works, your cycle will dramatically shorten. But you still have to feed the bacteria. Good luck! I've been wondering about that stuff. I'll be interested in seeing how long your cycle takes :D

I would still put a small piece of raw shrimp in there. It will tell you more than the bottle alone. If the bacteria in the bottle got too hot or cold, they could be dead. You never know. If it works, your cycle will dramatically shorten. But you still have to feed the bacteria. Good luck! I've been wondering about that stuff. I'll be interested in seeing how long your cycle takes :D

Ever since i heard about this stuff i was really curious about it, and thought i would give it a try!

i wanted to wait a day or two to see if the parameters would change without putting anything else in besides the bottle. If nothing changes in 2 days ill put some shrimp in there to get it going!

im hoping it works as good as what people are saying, and hopefully the cycle is only a week :x: :D one can only hope lol

Back