DeLucs' BioCube 14 Build

so i was at my parents house tonight gathering some of my stuff and my mom said she found some fish food in the freezer.
i have two packages, one cyclops and one emerald entree. theyre from my setup about 2 yrs ago, would they still be good if theyve been kept frozen?

DSC_0354_zps151c839f.jpg

i also found a new Rio 800+ pump in the basement that i bought when i was making my sump then realized there was not nearly enough GPH coming out. should i switch it out, or wait until the oceanic one dies? the rio is rated at 211 GPH at 0' the oceanic is only rated at 180 GPH at 0'.

DSC_0355_zpsdd3ba268.jpg

I would imagine so. if it were hamburger meat it would be freezer burned but its fish food in a vacuum sealed case so youre good to go. I dont think the fish will mind a little freezer burn if anything :D

so i havent updated in a long time, i have to go out of town unexpectedly. ill continue where i left off.

Day 7 Dr. Tims One and Only Log

04/02/13

Parameters:
Ammonia-0
Nitrites-0.1
Nitrates-0-5ppm

so i think another day or two it should be ready for some corals!:bounce::^:

i also got a package when i was out of town, 1 of 2, other one still hasnt come in yet but im pretty excited!

heres package number 1

DSC_0356_zpsd68623b1.jpg

here it is setup temporarily, need some serious cable management lol. just wanted to make sure everything worked before i tied everything down.

DSC_0357_zpsc35eb57a.jpg

YAY!

DSC_0359_zps6c7b05b7.jpg

i had a RKL on my old tank and it was probably one of the best investments i ever made. took such a load off my mind, didnt have to worry about heaters and high temps. love it!:bounce::bounce:

Day 9 Dr. Tims One and Only Log

06/02/13

Parameters:
Ammonia-0
Nitrites-0
Nitrates-0-5ppm

so im good to go! got a diatom bloom, gonna do a quick WC and add a CUC and some livestock in the next week or so!:bounce:

So in conclusion of my Dr. Tims One and Only log, it only took 9 days to completely cycle a 14 gallon biocube. only $14 for that 4oz bottle, i think it worked. i remember my first 10 gal it took 28 days, and that had live rock! i would use it again.

anyone else have any feed back on this stuff?

still waiting for my other package to arrive still:frustrat: i can only be so patient

finally got my package!!!:bounce:
DSC_0362_zps8f0ae080.jpg

DSC_0363_zps3eb8e75a.jpg

very excited, just need chaeto and a light! I wish Biff still had her amazing chaeto!!

one thing tho, the water flow director thingy had a piece broken off of it. ill have to get in touch with Intank to see what they can do, because it wont stay in place.
DSC_0364_zps23997ee6.jpg

wow is all I can say. I wrote Intank an email about the director piece, and they shipped me out a new one free of charge. all within an hr too!! mad promps Intank excellent customer service

BioCube Update!!

first things first, i made a little mod to my stand. i decided to cut a hole in the door and mount my RKL headunit there. much easier now that i can just glance over and see that everything it good.

DSC_0384_zpscc6ad24a.jpg

DSC_0380_zpsa94513be.jpg

second thing is, i finally got some life in my tank:bounce::^:

picked up a couple frags (torch and zoas) and a rock with ricordeas

anyone no what kind of zoas these are?
DSC_0386_zpsd6139047.jpg

the colour for the torch hasnt fully come out yet, but its slowly getting there.
DSC_0387_zpsac9f7592.jpg

this rock has ricoradeas all over it, i counted atleast 8 different mouths.
DSC_0389_zpsd8621054.jpg

Tank and new corals look great! I dunno about the name of those zoahs but they are sweet and I wish I had some. I just got my RKL in, how difficult was it to install? Seems kinda straight forward except that I think I need to get a splitter so I can plug in my laptop with out unplugging the temp probe. Could you post some pictures of how you hooked it up?

Tank and new corals look great! I dunno about the name of those zoahs but they are sweet and I wish I had some. I just got my RKL in, how difficult was it to install? Seems kinda straight forward except that I think I need to get a splitter so I can plug in my laptop with out unplugging the temp probe. Could you post some pictures of how you hooked it up?

the RKL was simple to setup, took only a couple mins to get everything set. although today i did some cable management and i unplugged it from the wall and nothing was set. i unplugged it again and plugged it in and it worked fine. other than that its been flawless.

yea a splitter is the only way ur gonna be able to program it without unplugging the probe, unless u had a SL1 or 2 or something along that line

tomorrow ill take some pics, my battery is dead and is on charge right now.

Looks really nice! I like the corals
Thanks!

That would be great thanks. I have a SL 1 unit for the ph probe and using the ATO function. I was just kinda surprised it didnt come with a dedicated plug in for a computer. Would seem a no brainier for a designer..:dunno:

That would be great thanks. I have a SL 1 unit for the ph probe and using the ATO function. I was just kinda surprised it didnt come with a dedicated plug in for a computer. Would seem a no brainier for a designer..:dunno:

yea that would be probably the best. have 3 ports on the PC4 so one is dedicated to the comp, and everyone would have the PC4 so there wouldnt be a problem.

got a couple pics, hard to tell tho

DSC_0393_zpsfa72cc0c.jpg

DSC_0394_zps8d43b7ba.jpg

it goes headunit connects to PC4
itemp connects to PC4
i have the basic but i do have a ALC on the way for when i get my LEDs in. i also just realized that even with a SL1 or any other module ull need a splitter.

in ur case it would go headunit->PC4
SL1 bus port 1-> PC4
Itemp->SL1 bus port 2
ATO ->SL1 switch A n B

hope this makes sense lol, i would put the splitter in the SL1 bus 2 port and connect the itemp and a cable for the comp.

Back