Dixie's 10gal mixed reef

Ok got some rock yesterday and look what I came up with! My goby couldn't be happier with all the new hiding places he has. Now I will never see him lol

IMAG2458.jpg

So I went to the lfs in nashville the other day with my friend that just moved here and she decided to pull the trigger on starting a 10gal. She saw some zoas and a teeny clown she wanted so I am housing them in my tank until hers finishes cycling. I also got a few new things of my own.

IMAG2480.jpg

Scooter blenny that eats frozen!
IMAG2512.jpg

IMAG2491-1.jpg

Couple of favias
DSCF7176.jpg

DSCF7177.jpg

doughnut coral
IMAG2508.jpg

IMAG2479.jpg

IMAG2501.jpg

IMAG2510.jpg

Congratulations on your new pick-ups and getting your friend into the addiction!

But I'm gonna have to say that I think your LFS is taking you for a bit of a ride. That scooter blenny looks quite skinny to me, which he shouldn't if he really eats frozen - I'd really work hard to fatten him up and hopefully he'll come around for you! And the first favia you posted looks pretty bleached out, and the second one (which I think is actually an acan) also looks a liltte bleached, though not as bad as the first (but I think both will color up under your care). If he's selling them to you and telling you they should be light/white in color like that, then I think he's full of :pooh:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset for offend you. :( If you watched him eat then you should be able to fatten him up in no time!

Introducing pods to the tank will only discourage him from eating the frozen you're offering.

My guy ate slowly at first but I've gotten him to the point where he eats a mysis/bloodworm mixture everyday and gobbles it all up. He eats more and more every week!

Yeah I miss seeing his little fishy head dart in and out of his little cave during feeding time. He managed to jump out of the tank, flip around and off the counter and flop all the way almost to my dish washer which is FEET away from the tank. I'm surprised my food whore dogs did not munch him up. Now I just have to worry about fattening up my scooter(which is still nameless, Help?). She rid the tank of the flatworms and the pods that I already had in the tank. She gets really active when I feed the tank and chows down on cyclop-eez. How long should it take for her to fill out?

Oh and my clown has become a little snot and tries to bite the mess out of me when I try to feed my sun corals. I think he's jealous. He too is a food whore lol.

Back