Dixie's 10gal mixed reef

Good!

And I would slowly acclimate the coral to the light by leaving the light on two hours each day and then increasing the photo period by 15 minutes every day until you are back to your normal day light period.

I had to move my rocks around a little because my frogspawn got way big and stung my trumpet. So now I have a space that really looks empty. Any ideas for a nice looking high/moderate light and high flow coral?

+1 on the Birdsnest. I've found mine to be very forgiving and easy to keep, and I really like how they grow out. They form such interesting shapes, and they're just really pretty.

Here's a few new pictures, and yes, I'm a little obsessed with my new clown. :mrgreen:

DSCF7068.jpg

DSCF7075.jpg

DSCF7085.jpg

IMAG2216.jpg

IMAG2228.jpg

IMAG2234.jpg

So I should have went with my gut and not gotten the emerald. I woke up yesterday with my clown having this thing, kinda looked like a really big poop and the guy i got him from said he could just be constipated and to keep an eye on him. This morning it was gone but there is still a hole there. So now I'm thinking the crab tried to get ahold of him. Laf is still swimming like normal so I'm hopeful he will be ok. After I came to this conclusion, I caught the crab and put him in crabby jail.

This is what it looked like yesterday.
IMAG2259.jpg

Today
IMAG2286.jpg

IMAG2287.jpg

That doesnt look like something a crab would cause, that looks like damage from passing a big bunch of parasites. With such an obvious, and large parasite load I would highly suggest worming those guys.

That is what I am trying to remember, i think its Parzipro or something similar. Its easy to do I just cant remember what its called at the moment.

Ima say this now and I hope Someone can back me up, go buy garlic extreme it's super good for any type of parasites and or open wounds so if the emerald did cut him it will heal faster and if it's parasites I can hounestly say garlic extreme saved my female clown bc I knew for a fact it was a goner... All you do is soak your food in it for 5 mins. And then feed and every other day add a drop or 2 in your tank depending on the water volume of your tank... Garlic extreme it really helps your fish :)

I should be a salesman lol

Garlic has really only been shown to be an apatite stimulant, and once a fish is eating they have a much better chance of recovering on their own. All other evidence of it curing other issues is all anecdotal. But in mammals it has been shown to be good at getting rid of parasites, but mammal and fish parasite can operate very differently.

Those blastos and goni are stunning! I'm a little concerned about the white on the favia, but hopefully it will color up for you under your lights. I know I bought a purple and green favia, but it turned white on me because I had it placed in the shade and had too much white in my lights, as soon as I upped the blue lights and moved its location it recolored and is doing well.

They are supposed to be lime green and white. I'm having a hard time picking up the color with my phone. That's the way they are supposed to be. I trust the lfs owner 100% he had 2 frags just like this one and said the coloration is rare but normal.

No healthy frag is white, it means its under extreme stress and has expelled its symbiotic algae. That guy sold you a fat pack of lies about white being healthy.

Also the goni, while stunning is another very challenging coral to keep. You will need to do some research on how to properly feed it because without the proper feedings, its going to waste away in your. Good luck with it! As long as you keep up with the feedings, it should do just fine.

And lastly, the blastos are stunning! I wish they mine!

I'm thinking about re-aquascaping my tank. Will it stress my fish too much? I'm going to have to remove the goby because he is skiddish and hides under rocks.

Back