Doc's Reef Build

What about a iodine dip? Doc I know what your going through. I had them like you do. I was wondering where they went. jk Anyway the way I finally got rid of them was siphoning them out every day for a week. Because once a week is not enough they just reproduce quickly. Then I used flatworm exit. There are so many hiding in the rock so before I used it I got out most that I could see. Mine started dying relativley fast. Used lots of carbon. Plus a set of extra hands if possible helps. The stuff isn't really that bad to use as long as your prepared. Then a week later you give a second treatment. Which I did and had none and still none.

Iodine is for bacteria,fungal infection.In this case it would not work.

Don't you think a freshwater dip will kill the fuzzy shrooms?I think it will,Yote has the best idea,IMO.

A few second under fresh water wont hurt the shrooms.It might piss em off,but it wont kill em.
Hell,all my new corals get iodine and fresh water baths before they go in the tank.Had good luck doing that so far(knock on wood).

well this has been an interesting day. I reached into my tank to grab a mushroom rock I wanted for my angel tank and low and behold... It was a keystone rock. When it was pulled, my entire reef came crashing down. Busting up my sps corals and making a cluster fu$k of a mess. I did what I could to fix it but I am pissed. (Sigh) I will post pics later after I recover...

-Doc

Well, I finally got back from Salt Lake City with my wife's new iPhone. It is really cool. I had a moment to post some pics of the mess my tank became after the earthquake and mountain of live rock that literally pummeled my poor fish. Luckily, I did not lose any fish, but I cannot find my cleaner shrimp or my blood shrimp (I have had him for 2 years now...sniff)

P7110001.jpg

P7110002.jpg

I hope things open up and start looking better tomorrow. If I can get it looking decent with the new aquascaping (not that I was interested in changing things around....grrr) I will post more pics

-Doc

Wow doc, that really sucks. Can't believe that happened. That's sucks bigtime. I haven't caught up on your reef build in a while. And looks like I came back to see disasterpieces.

Btw I am still in love with your goni!

I think I will try to siphon out more of these damn flatworms with todays water change. Grrr. I just hate the I broke off pieces of my SPS corals. They just don't grow worth a shit compared to... anything else. I have noticed growth in them a little bit, tho, but still. I am grumpy about that

-Doc

So I went out to buy this "flatworm exit" and now I fear that I have not siphoned out enough of them as to not kill my fish and coral. I can still see some hiding between the rocks and I am not sure if they are so many hidden that they will end up killing my fish from their toxins. SH!T..... well. Hope things go well. Cross your fingers for me. I am going to give it a try and have some water ready for a water change once they start dying off

-Doc

Hate to hear about the rock slide Doc.That sux BAD.But look on the bright side.Now you've frags you can trade for other stuff.
And keeping my fingers crossed on the flatworm killing to.

yeah... So I added the "flatworm exit" it should be called "flatworm nuke" holy sh!t. As soon as the drops were added, the worms started jumping out from the rocks. Wow. It was crazy. I added four mesh bags of carbon to help reduce the toxins to not lose my fish. Here's to luck... :-)

-Doc

Siphon them out as fast as you can. I had so many that when I used that stuff they hung off the LR like a clothes line. I had way more then I thought. Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

Green!!! Those little fu&kers turn my water green?!?!?!?!

Holy sh!t, I am a bit freaked out. I had so many. I had no idea how bad of an infestation it was. They came out like zombies out of a bad horror movie. Droves of them. Literally hundreds. WOW!!! :shock:

Now, I am worried about the toxins from the little bastards. I have done 30 gallons of water changes tonight and I can't do anymore. The water started looking like pea soup but now has a nice green algae colored hue to it. The fish were starting to act funny and the corals, well, they are all shriveled up. I have A LOT of carbon running and I just hope that come morning, everything is still alive or.... if not.... anyone want to buy a tank?

-Doc

Back