Doc's Shark Tank

Really? I wouldnt have guessed. :confused:
:p

lol.. Yup, I didn't feed the shark for two days (work has been crazy) and when I went downstairs tonight to "feed" him...clownfish are MIA. Now, there is no proof of who got them, either the radiata or the shark, but my guess is the shark. He had that "look" about him. :mrgreen: I was so proud of him!

-Doc

One temporarily plump shark. Biffer would be happy, as they were natural food, not them no good unnatural gold fish fed by non reputable reefers.

Last edited:
Hey doc, now that there has been some extended time for your shark to get settled in, how do things seem to be going in the tank?

he is doing great. I took a mess of pictures last night and one that I posted for POTM but I have not had the chance to load them onto photobucket yet. My internet has been abusively slow and trying to load them takes about 30 minutes per pic. I will try to put a few more on here tonight or tomorrow. I have a feeding shot as well. He goes balastic when he eats, attacking anything that moves. the other fish flee in his wrath... it is pretty awesome to watch.

I have him eating by hand and he almost jumps out of the tank when I feed him. He takes the food right out of my hand with a loud sucking sound. Grey banded bamboos eat much like nurse sharks do. It is just fun.

The rest of the tank is doing great, sans clown fish (:death:), but at least they served their purpose. I actually am hoping squishy eats the keyhole angel. He nips at corals WAY more than any large angel I have ever had.

I am still thinking about adding an emperor and blue-faced in my current tank, but they would both have to be smaller than the Koran and added at the same time. I don't know if that would push the bioload too much. I also need to add an additional skimmer before seeking that route as well.

The lionfish recovered from his eye injury and is eating like a pig again, braving the shark attack mode he swoops in to steal silversides. Feeding time is just a lot of fun.

I will post pics when I can.

-Doc

I am inclined to wait as well til I get the bigger tank. I am starting some consistent side work in a few weeks which will enable me to get the bigger tank in September. I will probably wait til then to add the other angelfish. I want them to live happy and not fight for swimming room. I have been thinking about an eel tho. All the talk about them in recent posts has me thinking about a dragon moray or something like that.

-Doc

Phew.... I finally found time to upload new pics. Hope you all enjoy my shark tank and his angelfish friends

P6230022.jpg

P6230023.jpg

P6230028.jpg

-Doc

The angelfish are still kicking around. The Blue Angel is just about done with his juvenile coloration. The Koran is slowly turning as well. You can see the spots coming through his white bands.

P6230029.jpg

P6230032.jpg

-Doc

This is the only feeding pic that came out half-way decent. He gets SO WILD during the feeding frenzy that it makes it tough to get a good shot of him. I will try to get a video in the near future. He is a blast to own.

P6230033.jpg

-Doc

Back