Doc's Shark Tank

awesome pics doc!!! your koran definately is changing more now. i cant wait to start seeing those changes with mine! shark is awesome. i like that feeding pic. reminds me of feeding rays at the denver aquarium

The pleco looks especially nice!(sorry,I couldn't resist)

Dude...you are so lame! LMAO. You should try and stick your fingers in there with a small piece of fish and see if you get the same reaction from a pleco. damn algae eaters. LOL

-Doc

with all the love from your posts, I would have figured my POTM would have had more votes (seeking a guilty response...lol). I appreciate all your praise, but I have a LONG way to go before it is where I will be able to call it my masterpiece. I am so tempted to try a Humu Humu Trigger, but it would just decimate all my coral and I don't want that either. Ah, well, just means I will have to create a third tank in my home....lol

-Doc

*News Flash*

I just got a line on a 220 for...get this...$100 bucks!!! I am all over that! I called the woman up in Salt Lake and she was dead serious. She has no idea if it holds water or not, but I have a ton of silicone waiting to fill in where it leaks. I will post pics when I pick it up tomorrow. I guess the best way to leak test something like that is to put it on my lawn and fill it with water? Maybe I should just plan on re-siliconing the whole thing anyway just to be safe. I am so freakin' excited!!! The fish tank gods are smiling upon me today. More angelfish...here I come!!!

-Doc

mostly because Utah is a desert and I hate wasting water when I don't need to. I will think about it though.

-Doc

holy cow doc, thats a score!

yes it is, yes it is. I am glowing about it. Now I need to find someone to buy my 125...anyone? I have been doing the math...let's see. 220 + a 90 gallon sump...puts me...huh...that is nice, a system over 300 gallons. I can live with that ;-) wouldn't you say Biff?

-Doc

doc why dont you use the 125 as a sump and large fuge, and if my maths correct, which it is that put you at oh 345 gallons

I had originally thought of that when I built my stand. mathematically, it wouldn't work with the 7 foot long tank I was planning and still maintain the stability I needed in the framework of the stand. I gave up on that when I decided to cut down the original stand built for a 265 and resort to a 220 maximum tank size. The 90 gallon sump had to be dropped down into the stand and is not going anywhere. The 125 simply won't fit under as a sump. I am Ok with it because the money I get from selling the 125 will be used to help fund a labor day trip to Las Vegas for my sweet wife and I, so, I am fine with it.

-Doc

Back