Doc's Shark Tank

i would keep him at the LFS for awhile anyways just in case he decides to croak it wont be you that is out the money and while he is chillin and recovering at the LFS see if they can find you another angel

Doc I say pull the Koran out of the Shark tank and put him in the Reef for a couple days. Play with the sharks rockwork a little and reintroduce the Koran and the Imperator. The typical either after lights out or in the middle of a large feeding. Then post lots and lots of pics.

EDIT and still the worst spelling. Caught it this time!

Last edited:
I have tried that but this fish still fights. I have tried it adding two at once and it worked but both fish got ICH and died. :-( I believe angels are a lot like tangs in that they need three or more to not kill one another as long as the tank is big enough.

-Doc

ryan, i know how to fix your spelling issues. download firefox as your browser since firefox is ore secure and it has a built in spell checker

I downloaded it because I'm a horrible speller. So far it is kinda neat. You can customize it and all.

I have downloaded firefox on my notebook but I hate the way it looks on the screen everything is just a little bit blocky and I cant get used to it. This is good therapy it actually makes me proofread my posts because Im self conscious of it, using it as a tool to improve my spelling.

Well, my lfs called me. The emperor is in. I am going to check him out tonight and apparently is it about 7 inches long and massive. I am hoping he is big enough to intimidate the koran and keep them playing nice to each other. I am itching for that emperor SO BAD, like jones-ing for a nasty drug. mmmmm...fish!!!

I am going to check at another LFS in salt lake to see if they have a blue face or french. I have checked online to see if any are available, but nothing is big enough that I want at a price that is reasonable. I have checked liveaquaria, marinedepotlive, and saltwaterfish. If anyone has a different internet site that might have a good deal on a big angelfish, let me know. I may try the online purchase thing to get what I want in the next two days.

-Doc

I don't want to pay more than $150 right now. I would prefer to keep it at about $100 but that can be a juvenile stage and I cannot add one in my tank or the koran will kill it regardless of how many fish I put in there.

I am also headed to pick up an additional skimmer today to balance out the increased bioload.

-Doc

See if there is any way to get a blueface in a few days and have the lfs hold on to your emperor.

I thought about that, but my LFS cannot get one right now. They are not available. It would be 2-3 weeks if at all. I am not a fan of waiting...too long. We will see what I work out. If I get too impatient, I will add the emperor and a different fish at the same time, like a sweet tang or something like that. Maybe another trigger? who knows

-Doc

doc, the best i could find you was the divers den has two blue faced angels, one is $169.99 and the other is $299.99 respectively minus shipping

I looked at the diver's den already and am not really willing to drop $200 on a fish that might die within a week. I cannot sell that to my wife very well. LOL. As for the sohal, I thought of that, but there is not one around here that I would be interested in. Because of how fragile they are, I would have to see the little guy before purchase. not a bad idea though!

-Doc

fragile and sohal dont belong in the same sentence doc, i think my sohal could survive a nuclear holocaust

From research and experience, the whole family acanthrus, (sohal, clown, achilles, powerder blue, etc) are all Ich magnets, picky eaters and prone to die unexpectedly. They are the most beautiful of the tangs IMHO, but are tough. Sohals tend to do great if they are eating and are great fish for the first 8 months, then, all of mine have starved to death slowly. Not sure why, maybe internal parasite. I wish you better luck than me

-Doc

HA!!! the search is OVER!!! A fish store in salt lake has an angelfish that I like (not in my top 5 but still one I have never tried and have wanted). I just bought it over the phone and will pick him and the emperor up tonight (luckily I am not impatient or impulsive or I would really be pissed at myself). I am hopeful that the combination will make the tank look beautiful and have happy friends...oh yeah, I almost forgot, it is an adult Asfer Angelfish. They are deep purple and yellow, very cool fish!

-Doc

Back