Fishsticks Bio-Cube HQI 29Gallon Build. Follow me once more. :D

anyone know much about pumps, my return pump for my biocube was making like a light crackling noise, enough to annoy me at night not in the day. so i called an reported it and was given a new pump, it too makes the same crackling noise as my old pump. anyone have some ideas what it could be? or 2 faulty pumps???

since ive installed the new stunner LED strip i noticed the colors in certain coral change completely, they went from basic to insane transformations. its not the lights that make it look that way, its the coral itself changing color under that light. hope i didnt confuse anyone. i turn off the led and the color stays the same it doesnt go away with the light being off. ok enough talk, here is before and after shots. also new pair of baby clowns :D

BEFORE
IMG_1399.jpg

AFTER
IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

fed the fish today, a huge chunk of mysis landed on the chalice and one of the eyes opened up and started eating the mysis!, crazy never seen chalice eat pieces of mysis.
hope u can make it out u can see the mysis bent in half getting swallowed.

photo1.jpg

yea mandarin pretty weird stuff there, curtis im not to sure but from my experience i wasnt able to..
i had the pc 4 light upgrade kit 144 watts. i had 2 actinics and 2 daylights, and chalice would die on me.

wanted to show u all my new ro/di system. got tired of driving to the petstore... one day driving to the petstore, i snapped in traffic and said NEVAHHHH!!! MORE!!!!!... also i have a booster pump 8800 coming in tuesday along with a membrane for 1:1 ratio. here are some pics of the current set up. pretty cool system its a 6stage, comes with commercial dual tds meter along with a filter monitor system. they also included alot of accessories along with the bundle pack. i have 1 ppm leaving the ro and when the water leaves the di's of-course its 0 ppm

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

Last edited:
wanted to show u all my new ro/di system. got tired of driving to the petstore... one day driving to the petstore, i snapped in traffic and said NEVAHHHH!!! MORE!!!!!... also i have a booster pump 8800 coming in tuesday along with a membrane for 1:1 ratio. here are some pics of the current set up. pretty cool system its a 6stage, comes with commercial dual tds meter along with a filter monitor system. they also included alot of accessories along with the bundle pack. i have 1 ppm leaving the ro and when the water leaves the di's of-course its 0 ppm

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

How did you got it to drip so fåst?

iono lol the psi reading is 76 psi, thats coming out of our water line.
if u have low psi u will have a slow drip and u will waste more water. right now im about 3:1 with 75psi avg, when i get my booster pump it will increase psi to 90psi +- then with the extra membrane i will get about 1:1. your psi is very important.

low psi = more water wasted to your good water
high psi = more good water, less waste

you want minimum 65psi nothing less. u might need a booster pump

by the way the pic makes it look like its squirting super fast but its not its a good fast drip

low psi = more water wasted to your good water
high psi = more good water, less waste

you want minimum 65psi nothing less. u might need a booster pump

every unit is going to be different. The operating range for mine is 40-80psi, any higher and I risk blowing out the membrane.

Back