Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

i started building the stand myself, i will only build the frame an take it somewhere to get the finishes done. sofar only the top i finished tomorrow i will start an finish the rest, thing is heavy.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

im using 3/4" plywood, 2x6's around the top and the rest will be built with 2x4's.
using 3" deck screws, rest resistant.

I don't think it would be out of square really as long as you lined up the 2x4's on the edges of the plywood and nailed them in and kept them flush.

no it will be inside, the frame around the top is 3/16 larger, so when i place the tank it will have roughly 1.5/16" clearance all around. the plywood i bought is a perfect 48"x24" same as the tank, but the 2x6s are just a bit bigger coming in at 48.1" and 24.1" that way when i add the front plywood an side plywood i can go up a bit without hitting the tank... hope i didnt lose anyone.

u can see in my 2nd pic how the plywood sits a bit inside, thats exactly where the tank sits.. when i add front plywood i can go a bit up without hitting the tank.

steel? sheesh, lol. i dont remember the last earthquake, i think the stand is gunna b insanely heavy just this top part weighs a ton

nevermind just measured doesnt fit, i guess it sits on the other side of the fuge.
this side next to the bioballs. where the pump will go to push the water back into the tank, correct??
IMG_0464.jpg

i have taken the earthquake thing into consideration, i will install some clips to the back of my tank to the wall of my room incase of an earthquake the tank wont fall over..
also i will be reinforcing the legs on the stand i seen this plan in this forum but not sure where? thanks again for the frame idea whoever u are :bowdown:.

here r some snaps,

the 1st pic u will see the stand complete but not with the legs done.

the 2nd pic u can see what i mean by reinforcing the legs i will add 2 pieces of 2x4's to
each leg to secure and make sure the weight of tank isnt on screws but on solid legs.

the 3rd pic u can see a leg with no extra support.

the pieces of wood on the legs are not cut to size, they are there just for example

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Looks very strong. Nice job. And when the sides and back are put on it , that should keep it from racking side to side under the weight of the full tank.

i will buy more precut wood since its perfectly cut, my skills suck.
i will put the bottom plywood down then even out the stand, then hopefully take it somewhere so they can finish it up for me.

I would recommend more bracing along the sides if you didn't already plan on doing it. Every 16" apart....better be safe than sorry...You're going to have over 1000 lbs of water on that stand.

just dropped off the frame at a local cabinet place, hope they do a good job! :frustrat:

nextweek i start building the tank finally.

Back