Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

i have alittle giant and you can hear it but i put a peice of foam under it and that helped a lot. but i want to get a blueline pump or panworld pump they are the same pump and they are super quiet and very good pumps

I just received my dj center, same ones like d2. Sorry d2 takin more of your ideas. Ur set was mad clean so I'm aiming for something like that. I just finished painting the back of my tank, I went with black. My plumbing should come in today and hopefully I can start setting that up. Hopefully I'll have some sand and liverock in the tank by the end of the month.

here are some snaps of the rear already painted.

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

here is a snap of the cut outs i did around the plumbing from the tank, roughly a good 1/2 in space. i tried the fittings i picked up today an it looks like some good clearance.

IMG_0671.jpg

This build is looking SWEET! :D

Is a 1/2" enough space between those bulkhead holes for structural rigidity of the glass?
I know there is a formula for figuring the spacing but I can't find it... :12:
Hopefully it's fine but for some reason it looked a little tight to me.

thanks d2,
yea its a bit snug, they barely clear by 1/8 inch all around.. well atleast my return side on the far right in the pic. the rest clear by 1/2" all around. those r fine im assuming.

thanks BL, i looked into the apex system you mentioned but it was a bit pricey.
i ordered my rkl yesterday, i ordered Level1 i wanted to upgrade some stuff.
i ordered the basic rkl, added the sl2 for salinity readings.
i also ordered the ph probe, the ato system, temp probe, everything came out to the same price as the rkl 2 but i got the stuff i wanted. i really wanted the rke but it was also a lil too pricey.
didnt realize building a tank of this size can add up really quick, i dont have water in there yet an its already making my wallet cry.

Last edited:
had a quick question, im setting up my supply line to the tank and came across a problem. the lines leading to my heads are kinked everytime i try an fit them into place evenly. so i came up with a way to make them fit snug an not kink, one side has to be longer than the other. will this still distribute even flow to the bulkheads?? one side is 2"s longer than the other side. i have a photo to show u guys what i mean.

IMG_0675.jpg

i looked into the apex system but its far over priced for the stuff u get compared to the reef keeper. the apex lite is 369.99 with a temp probe.

the reef keeper is 279.99 with a temp probe a ph probe with 2 power controllers 4outlets each.

Keep in mind that the Apex units are also controllabale from your iphone or droid. Reefkeeprs are not. So the fact that you get an email alert that your tank is overheating, does you no good when you are at a location that does not allow you to adjust your system.

You may also want to look into a system called Reef Angel, similar to the Apex system, but not as costly.

thanks anderson i wont be able to really tell until i have a pump:frustrat:...

one more question i want to do a water test now, do i just fill it up???? or go in baby steps like 25% wait an hour then go 50%

what kind of test. S.G.-- I would think fill it up and then keep track of how many gal of water you add. add a half cup per gal of salt and you should be right there. If you are a little heavy take 5-10 gals out and add fresh water till it is right. I would save that other water for your first w.c. I am asumeing that there is no life in tank since there is no water yet and you are planning to have it cycle with no life.

Back