Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

im getting one more stud put in on the back side, roughly 20"s from the legs. i dunno about the front i kinda want it all open or should i have a 2x2 leg infront dead center

:O I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this....can't wait to see how that stand turns out. and the tank,....wow.

thanks dreamwalk as soon as im ready for the tank to be set up its all a go, my friend at the lfs said anything i need he will front to me an i just pay everymonth if need be. im kinda excited i just want the stand done so i can go ahead an build this monster

That's really a great deal!

though, I wounder how many people have gone into debt like that!? HHAHAHAH
Only Joking.

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

i wanted a simple stand nothing fancy i wanted it done quick so this is what i got. they charged me 200, they used my existing frame and added more support each leg has 3 2x4's and the center back has 2.. i did not add anything in the front (or should i).. tell me what you guys think.

i wanted a simple stand nothing fancy i wanted it done quick so this is what i got. they charged me 200, they used my existing frame and added more support each leg has 3 2x4's and the center back has 2.. i did not add anything in the front (or should i).. tell me what you guys think.

The added support is going to help alot...Stand looks great. You're probably fine in regard to the supports, but if you want to, after you place the sump in the stand you could cut an additional 2x4 and put it in the center of the 2 cabinet doors....cut it so that it's a nice tight fit, and DON'T nail it in place...That way it's giving you support...But if you want to take it out to work on the sump you can remove it easily.

Thanks prc I didn't think of that I will make it a snug fit. Thanks fellas, simple was a good idea plus the stand coulda costed a ton. I only built the top they did the rest

Last edited:
I just ordered the plumbing kit, i have 3 holes in the over flow. 1.5", 2.5", 3" i think, not sure, the lfs said different i maybe misunderstood how to measure those holes.

I also just ordered
some power centers from amazon. i will place an order in for the hanging kit, thanks d2 for the link.

Today i begin drilling the holes n the stand for the plumbing, any advice? how much clearance do i need from the edge of hole? 1/4'' 1/2'' im trying to get a snug fit. What paint should i use to paint the rear of the tank anything special for glass? or can i just use reg black spray paint.

You can use regular spray paint....Warining....I think black gets boring after awhile.

As far as clearance, that's going to depend on the size of pipe. And you want a good enough clearance that you can reach the back (outside) of the tank to wipe it down occasionally.

It's up to you, I think black and shades of blue are the most common. Mine is black and I like it but, it absorbs a lot of light and can make the tank seem a little darker.

Here's an example of one with blue (not my pic)
Saltwater%20Fish%20Tank.JPG

and you could always go with a darker blue if you wanted

hmmm that blue does look sweet, ill think about it i will paint it tomorrow.
here are some pics i just made the holes for the plumbing, each hole is roughly 1/2 inch bigger all around giving me some play room. one hole is for the return, one for the supply one for the powercords of my lights.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Back