Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

does anyone know the name of those computer systems that read the waters parameters at all time. or something that can control the water parameters at all times. thanks

what do u guys think about this heater.
do i go by the display water amount, or total amount of water.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/JBJ-500W-Titanium-Heating-System/dp/B0030A07XC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1297665606&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: JBJ 500W True Temp Titanium Heating System: Home & Garden[/ame]

If you're looking at getting an aquarium controller I wouldn't think you need to get a heater with it's own controller. You can find a much more inexpensive option. Also, You'll be better off getting two smaller heaters that way if one malfunctions it won't be as big of a problem.

what size water heater will i need for my tank? my room now has hardwood floors an stays pretty cool, but its not summer yet.

i looked into the apex system but its far over priced for the stuff u get compared to the reef keeper. the apex lite is 369.99 with a temp probe.

the reef keeper is 279.99 with a temp probe a ph probe with 2 power controllers 4outlets each.

are there any special heaters out there that are only controlled by a aquarium controller? everything i find has its own thermostat

they will all have a thermostat but the controller superseeds the thermostat on the heater. just turn the temp all the way up and the controller will control if the heater gets power or not

thanks daugherty, also do u know if they have any out there with magnets instead of suction cups.. i hate! suction cups they dont work for long. i know the jbj has magnets but i dont want to buy the jbj with the controller. i cant just buy the rod, it all comes together.

i noticed in your set up u have an external waterpump? how does that work i have not yet decided how to run my plumbing an stuff just curious. im used to a waterpump sitting in the sump.
IMAG0173.jpg

i dont know if they have any that use magnets besides the one you know of.. as for the external pump i love it. most external pumps dont add much heat to the tank since they are air cooled. but there are some that are water cooled and will add a couple degrees to the tank. internal pumps can add alot of heat to the tank. and take up lots of room in the sump

how quiet is it? i think i will go external, im sure this rimless will evaporate alot. i will try to add as lil heat as possible.

Back