Fishy's First Ever 90g Aquarium!!

Please welcome Astrid!! She's been checking out all of the holes and ledges in one of my pukani rocks all day! She still has her scardy stripes on her, but should settle in and feel safe over the next few days. I am so happy I decided to add a tail-spot blenny to my tank!

Thanks everyone, I'm really enjoying her! She is exploring a lot more and even made it over to perch on the other side of the tank this morning, but her home is a hole in the pukani rock - good choice IMO!

In other news, I am excited to post recovery pics of my australomussa. This is seriously the coolest coral ever - I can't believe how much tissue has regenerated in the last week and a half. I took it out of its protective cage today at lunch and got a small but decent feeding response when I target fed shortly after that. Anyhow, see for yourself the progress!

Last Monday after being munched by the urchin:

And here is a slightly closer shot of part of it, where you can really see that it was munched all the way to the skeleton, no tissue in between its skeletal striations in many areas

And here it is today

The coloring needs to improve and it will still need to grow back the polyps that were eaten, but I am seriously impressed by how quickly the tissue grew back! These corals are rare and expensive, but very hardy - I am truly thrilled to have one in my tank (and just in case you want one, there are 6 listed in the DD right now ;)

Spent the weekend shopping - like a kid in a candy store, I swear its not good LOL :D

And I got frags!!

They are still acclimating so many are not fully open, but here are the pics to prove it :) (and pardon the crappy phone photos LOL)

Blue Ricordia

Blue Clove Polyps (not opened yet)

Blue/purple mushroom w/ florescent blue stripes

3 heads of purple w/ green centers merleti blastos

These are still closed - some sort of clove or palm polyp (I think) that I found on the bottom of a display tank - asked how much they wanted for them - they threw them in for free!! I glued them to a small piece of rubble but they have yet to open. I don't really know where to place them yet (they are on the bottom for now) - ideas??

6 different Zoa frags - closest to the front are fire and ice (I believe); middle row left are 2 polyps of something green (another freebie I found on the bottom of a display tank!); middle row right is a very pretty zoa that has a peachy colored center surrounded by a darker color (can't yet tell the color, but seems to be a purple/reddish color) no idea what they are; back row left - very bright and pretty pink-centered polyps, again no idea what they are; center back - super bright orange polyps that glow like crazy, no idea what they are; back right - a few green polyps, also no idea what they are! Front right are the blastos.

Green w/ purple tips torch coral - not yet opened

Purplish/red w/ green centers - favia I think? (and my sadly dying monti in front)

3 headed green & purple frogspan, partially open!

Florescent green trumpet or candycane (not sure which, though I think its a trumpet) - colors in the photo are a bit off; still opening.

Photo update continued!!

Purple and green acan - not sure of exact name

Green mushroom, another freebie!

Zoa mix - watermelon and something else, maybe eagle eyes or radioactive dragon eyes

Green and purple duncan, partially open

Purple duncan, not yet opened

Orange and green birdsnest (that my emerald crab keeps going after!)

Red and purple acan (he gave this one to me for a lot less than what it was listed - I asked if he had any other $10-20 frags and he said how about this one, I said sure!)

And last but not least is a little beautiful blue mushroom that detached from its rock last night and is now missing in my tank :( I am praying that it landed somewhere decent and will attach itself, survive, and that maybe I'll see it again in the future, but I'm a bit doubtful - with so much flow in my tank I don't know if it will find a spot to attach where there is also decent light, but time will tell. I'm pretty sad about this loss but it was a freebie so at least that's a plus.

So many new corals, so many decisions about where to place!!

Wow! You really did go shopping. And the mushroom will be fine, dont worry about that one.

I know, it's bad - I see a good deal and think why not?! It's only after I get home and realize I spent $260 bucks that I remember why sales aren't always good things LOL :roll:

I'm gonna hold you to that on the blue mushroom ;) I'll post pics as soon as it appears!

WoW. Great addition. Your tank is going to be covered once they all start growing. That's a lot of stuff for only $260. If the sale is for your tank it's always a good one.

I'm having coral envy right now. So many people adding great corals, and I'm spinning my wheels waiting on my lights to arrive. Great additions, BTW!

Back