JC's 29G nano

new lights arrived about an hour ago , took me longer to get the leg brackets centered on the fixture than anything else lol but it is well beyong my expectation of odyssea , fixture seems very well built, sturdy, and easy to setup (timer wise) the timer is not cheaply made , has nice clicky sounds when you press the buttons. the fans are quiet , but over all i got rid of 3 plugs from my old fixture to the just one for this fixture, and no clutter of ballast.

and now here are pics :D
double boxed is always a good sign
2011-11-14_11-15-31_693.jpg

2011-11-14_11-17-07_731.jpg

easy to read instruction for the dysply with an extra battery :D (dont have to read a book just to figure out how to set the timer lol)
2011-11-14_11-19-26_650.jpg

2011-11-14_11-20-25_417-1.jpg

one of the 3 air vents 2 have fans i guess the center one is just a vent
2011-11-14_11-19-48_273-1.jpg

old fixture 20" 3 plugs
2011-11-14_11-36-04_326.jpg

vs
one plug
2011-11-14_11-21-05_463.jpg

2011-11-14_11-22-05_49.jpg

the camera on the phone doesnt do it justice but yall get the idea
LEDs
2011-11-14_11-59-30_29.jpg

daylight
2011-11-14_12-01-27_574.jpg

actinics
2011-11-14_12-01-40_345.jpg

all
2011-11-14_12-01-50_120.jpg

and because its not on the metal bracket thingies like the old fixture , this one sits 3.5" over the water :D

Very nice! I thought the new fixtures flipped up?

haha yeah so did i , i had emailed aquatraders and they told me that this one had brackets not flip up , oh well , the trio fixture has a flip up , wonder why they couldnt put it on this one but , bleh im happy lol

Did aquatraders send you a shipping notification? Thursday I ordered this for my eel tank and I haven't heard anything since the order conformation. I'm kinda worried that the light isn't available since I was only able to find it through google.

Did aquatraders send you a shipping notification? Thursday I ordered this for my eel tank and I haven't heard anything since the order conformation. I'm kinda worried that the light isn't available since I was only able to find it through google.

yep and a tracking number, you may wanna try emailing them or calling them :Cheers:

lol yep

on a side note man you live in a beautiful area, love the wooded areas (sry lol had to look up the coordinants in google lol)

Why thank you it is a nice area just sucks when it snows and sucks when it rains a lot. We tend to get cut off from the world when the weather gets really bad. Sure there are many back roads if you can call them that but they tend to get washed out at times if not snow blocked lol... I'm actually still working on moving to Oregon waiting on the right land to come up so I can build my cabin there NYS is getting to costly for my blood.

haha thanks , go for it man witout the timer their only 80$ , just ad 25 digital timer , free shipping cant beat that, got mine in 4 days only because of the weekend

well now I think that's what I just might use my holiday OT on :D and an over flow hahaha

I'm digging the Aquatraders site:Cheers:

so a little update on my tank, everything looks and is doing great, the fire shrimp is still under the skimmer , guess it made it its home lol , the condy nem is huge, love it , the purple firefish still the boss,lol

and a few weeks back i added a lawnmower blenny ,just to try it out, he didnt get sick , normal and eats like a pig , not food i actually give em but pods and grazing on the LR

i was thinking of adding maybe a pair of clown (yes again) a flame angel and some kind of wrasse in the future (not a six line , i saw a beutiful one at the LFS store yesterady but they didnt even know what kind it was , was more of an oval shape and had pink line with about 5 white dots and was about 1.5 incches long ) so hopefully that wont be overstocking , just thought id update lol

would a wrasse and the blenny go at it?thats my main concern

Idk if I'd have six fish in a 29 gallon...I have five fish and I'm at my limit bc everyone has taken diff parts of the tank as their territory. I have no more territory for new fish. I don't think I wrasse would go at it with the blenny. Depends what type of wrasse I guess. Some are peaceful, some aren't. The flame might pick at corals. Just don't put too many fish in at once.

lol nope def not at once , thinking about 1 a month to be on the safe side , unless its a clown pair, otherwise a gap in between , the wrasse isnt a big must , especially if i cant find one i like thats peaceful ( so many i like but not reef safe or aggresive)

as for the flame , i understand that the risk is their for them to pick at corals, so thats also gonna be on the waiting list to see if i can find one that doesnt pick at em lol

I think you need to just go get a bigger tank if you want to keep all of theses fish. Your tank is much too small to keep all of those aggressive fish. You have that parasite in your tank now, and if you add a bunch of fish, stress everyone out, its going to take over again.

well figured out what the fish i saw at the LFS is lol i thought it was a wrasse but found out its a goby

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHzW0OEeeFU]Court Jester Goby sifting some sand and picking at rocks. - YouTube[/ame]

a funny guy too....no literally a court jester to be precise

Back