JC's 29G nano

Re: JC's 10 G nano

well bubble coral wasnt looking to good , so i finnaly did a iodine dip , so once i was done i was looking into the tank and notice this little guy coming from behind a rock O.O little baby feather

hope hell do fine and grow :D

2011-08-27_12-15-53_624.jpg

well went to the store to see if they had a sun coral i had ordered but they didnt buuuuuttt

they did have this beauty of a huge zoa colony (its about the size of a babys fist) i could not pass it up , and if im not mistaken it may be 3 different types the orange the green and i think a white in there somewhere once it completely opened ill take another pic :D

2011-08-30_21-19-25_32.jpg

2011-08-30_21-57-07_328.jpg

i counted about 75 heads on it and just left it at that lol

oh and yes i replaced the mandarin goby with the orange spotted one ..... only because the madarin would only stay behing the rock work and only come out at night :(

Last edited:

Whoa, that's a lot of zoa heads...congrats.

lol thanks i been looking for a some zoas for a while, 35$ for the whole colony was an offer i couldnt pass up :D

every where else i been looking for had the ugly brown ones and if they did have color they wanted like 10$ for 5-10 heads

Last edited:

well after watching the orange spotted goby for a while he didnt look to well and honestly looked like he was about to die , i checked my parameters and all was good ( even after i changed all my sand, trates were up a little but thats to be expected) so i call up my store and the guy said bring em in, and well do another trade off ( thats the reason i love my LFS) well today they got their order and the guy Mike showed me a nice little, ORA green mandarin , he was all over the place not shy at all ( compared to the other mandarin i traded a few days back) i exchanged em and now he is getting used to his new home on the front of the tank lol ( i hope he doesnt find the back ) picking at the pods .
also decided to get a Coral banded shrimp at another LFS i hope he doesnt give me any trouble, especially hostility towards the mandarin

so now some pics

2011-09-01_16-36-20_494.jpg

2011-09-01_20-36-30_202.jpg

2011-09-01_20-36-17_505.jpg

2011-09-01_15-15-12_415.jpg

my new brain, got it from the "Save Me" stuff my LFS has since no skeleton is showing i decided to take a risk, only 15$ so hopefully it comes back , also got a small goniopora frag , since it was only 10$ i couldnt pass it up ,last time i had a goni i had horrible luck because og my clown trying to host it

2011-09-13_19-11-30_412.jpg

2011-09-13_19-11-39_836.jpg

they can be very difficult coral to keep because they are very susceptible to being damaged and the whole colony dies, and they can be very difficult to feed.

they can be very difficult coral to keep because they are very susceptible to being damaged and the whole colony dies, and they can be very difficult to feed.

i figured as much and i do remembered how hard it was to feed the old one i had, so spotfeeding it should be fine right?

so after the corals beign in the tank for a few hours the new brain swold up nice and plump. my LFS guy did say that it was just stressed and should be fine so woot woot i got lucky looks beautiful, and finnaly something other than green in my tank lol

the goni came out, ill try and spot feed it tomorrow see how it takes to that

and of course guess who has a new house.... the clown , he'll go lay on the pink brain then swish over to the zoa colony, then the green brain and just rotate through all 3 , i dont mind as long as he doesnt mess with the flowerpot lol

Beautiful pink brain! There is one just like that at my lfs that I want but they want 150 bucks for it...not happening here lol sure is a beauty though..

Beautiful pink brain! There is one just like that at my lfs that I want but they want 150 bucks for it...not happening here lol sure is a beauty though..

thanks yeah thats why when he said 15$ i jumped on it even if it was "sick" an really he said its just been stressing because the guys kept moving it. so far it looks very nice , they had larger ones for about 80-90$ but if i were to put one of those in my tiny 10G they would take up alot of room lol

man i need a better camera .... hehe im slowly trying to put it in my girls head that i want a camera for christmas lol

Back