jhnrb 150 reef

honestly if i havent read that it was equipment for an marine aquarium..i would belive that it was for sending somone to the moon...it looks like NASA work..wow

progress slim these days. following are the commencement on the left side of the equipment room. barrels not yet plumbed in.

IM003306.JPG

The rule that keeps the peace
IM003307.JPG

Last edited:
Please get some water in this set up. I have been following this post for awhile and I think I'm as excited as you are to see it up and running. This would be a dream aquarium set up for me. I love all the pumps and valves and equipment you know.

i know setup is awesome, i posted a link to this build thread in our rc club and everyone thinks it is awesome but one guy system has been building for 4 years and still no water. Guess i'll see as soon as he post some pics, have to bug him for some pics.

Here is the new saltwater makeup barrel with the bulkheads in for the iwaki circulation pump for new saltwater makeup. The top was cut for access and will sealed back up when the inside equipment is completed. air line, pumps, heater, etc. The bulkhead holes were cut a bit oversized but was still able to bet full contact with the seal rings. siliconed the heck out of it both inside and outside. barrel is currently under test for leaks. so far no leaks.
IM003405.JPG

IM003406.JPG

Last edited:
Inside of saltwater barrel, pump for export of saltwater, large bulkheads for iwaki circulation pump for mixing, ridgid air line for air injection. rio 802 from previous system used to pump water out of tank.
IM003408.JPG

top of saltwater barrel, airline injection, air export one with black silicon on it, and valve for controlling the export rate for water changes. the valve will only be connected for water changes.
IM003409.JPG

upper bulkhead for connection to makeup tank with valve in between them.
IM003410.JPG

Last edited:
Update on barrels.
Access hole cover in place.
IM003652.JPG

INSIDE SALTWATER BARREL. ADDED HEATER, AND GROUND PROBE.
IM003654.JPG

TWO BARRELS CONNECTED AT TOP SO BOTH CAN BE FILLED WITH r/o WATER. iWAKI PUMP CONNECTED TO SALT BARRELS FOR MIXING AND CIRCULATION. FEED TO PUMP NOT YET COMPLETED.
IM003657.JPG

Last edited:
Progress:
Water feed line connected.
IM003685.JPG

Salt barrel circulation pump.
IM003686.JPG

Inside Ro/Di barrel. pump for export, pickup line for automatic makeup, and air stone for oxygenation.
IM003687.JPG

Automatic makeup with kalk reactor when needed.
IM003689.JPG

RO/Di system not yet completed.
IM003690.JPG

Last edited:
Back